Analog Switchouts Draw Ire
- H-D-T-V IN THE USA! // Popular Science;Jun2003, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p24
This article focuses on high definition television programming in the United States.The major television networks are gradually offering more hours in high-definition television per week. Among the major networks, early-adopter CBS is the HDTV king.
- Future Vision. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the challenges to the deployment of high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Increase in the number of local television stations offering digital feeds; Obstacles posed by cable industry operators; Action taken by Circuit City to motivate sale of HDTV product.
- Untitled. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p15A
Reports on the availability of ABC television programs in Comcast Cable's high-definition cable package in central Indiana. List of Comcast's channels.
- HDTV Cable Providers. Merson, Gary // Sound & Vision;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p93
Presents information on several high definition television cable providers in the U.S. Comcast; Mediacom; Cablevision.
- Cable Operators Boost HDTV Availability. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p22
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) reported that more than 75 percent of U.S. television households can now receive high-definition television (HDTV) from their local cable operator, as of April 2004. According to revised NCTA data, 84 million U.S. homes are now passed...
- Slowly, Cable HD Spreads. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p18
Provides information on cable high-definition (HD) services. Details of HD programming of the television network Bravo; Information on HD telecasts of Fox Sports network; Details of the first cabler which launched HD service.
- Gepco's HD cable. Geppert, Gary R. // Broadcast Engineering;May2002, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p74
Details the development of a video cable for high-definition (HD) television broadcasting by Gepco. Mission for anyone making a video cable; Methods to ensure conductor uniformity for solid wire; Series of guides a cable must pass in the manufacturing process; Background on Gepco's development...
- HD On-Demand Stuck in Slo-Mo. Kuhl, Craig // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p21
The article forecasts the slow growth of high-definition (HD) television programming to the video-on-demand (VOD) menu. Capacity and content are seen to affect the growth of HD VOD. The issue of bandwidth has an impact on the progress of HD on VOD. SureWest, cable television operator, is moving...
- What's On HDTV. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p63
Provides the listing for several high-definition television programming in the U.S. Network television; Local broadcasts; Cable television.