Doctor, what would you do if you were me?
- ADVICE FROM EXPERTS: ACHIEVING A "FINISHED" WORK. Patterson, Beth // American Artist: Watercolor;Spring2005, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p11
Offers advice from artist Judy Morris on determining whether a painting is finished. Use of a mirror to determine if the painting is done; Factors to consider in the selection of color; Stages of the painting process.
- Talk of the Town. O'Donovan, Leo J. // Commonweal;3/9/2007, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p39
The author reflects on the Sky Mirror from artist Anish Kapoor that was installed on the Fifth Avenue side of the Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, New York City. It says that the Sky Mirror has massively obstructed the garden pathway at the Rockefeller Center. The author claims that Kapoor was...
- MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE BALLS. Alexander, Scott // Popular Science;Nov2003, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p13
Presents information on the Shiny Ball Mirror technology invented by New York artist Danny Rozin in 2003. Total number of tubes; Function of the chrome balls contained in each tube; Details of the operation of the machine.
- Rembrandt's Mirror (Book Review). Monk, Pamela // World Literature Today;Spring2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p341
Reviews the book 'Rembrandt's Mirror,' by Francis Warner.
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Flowers, Jim // Technology Teacher;Feb98, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p32
Details the solution presented by pre-engineering and industrial design students for an engineering problem which requires the determination of the height of a wall mirror and where to mount it. Use of anthropometric data, scientific principles and mathematics; Tools and materials; Procedure;...
- Put your face here. Brewer, S. // Esquire;Aug90, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p34
Describes mirrors made by the 164-year-old Parisian glassmaker, Miroir Brot. Staggering costs; The clarity of the mirrors; Some models available; Some places used in the United States.
- Mirror, mirror. Urbach, Henry // Interior Design;Dec97, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p62
Focuses on designer/architect Miguel Oks and artist/framer extraordinaire Jed Bard and their efforts to launch a collection of mirrors that reinvests the looking-glass with visual interest and mystique. When the designers began their research; Details on collection and how they are priced.
- Country pine mirror. Capotosto, R. // Popular Mechanics;Oct90, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p61
Offers step-by-step instructions for building a pine mirror. Rails and stiles; Making trim strips; Cornice and finish.
- Untitled. // Astronomy;Aug95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Presents a photograph of a 6.5-meter replacement mirror for the Multiple Mirror Telescopes.