Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy with evidence of biventricular involvement
- TAKOTSUBO CARDIOMYOPATHY ASSOCIATED WITH PERIMYOCARDITIS: YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS TO ENTERTAIN. Chhabra, Lovely; Chaubey, Vinod K. // Singapore Medical Journal;May2015, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p304
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œTakotsubo cardiomyopathy associated with perimyocarditis: yet another important differential diagnosis to entertain".
- First rapid assay for troponin I. // Modern Medicine;Jan97, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of the first rapid-format, point-of-care troponin I assay for diagnosing early and minor myocardial injury.
- New marker more sensitive than CK-MB in identifying high-risk heart disease. // Modern Medicine;May95, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the efficiency of cardiac troponin T as a serum marker for myocardial necrosis. Study findings by Dr. Magnus Ohman; Accuracy in predicing mortality rates; Risk factors identified.
- A Comparison of Feeding and Mealtime Problems in Adults with Intellectual Disabilities with and Without Autism. Fodstad, Jill; Matson, Johnny // Journal of Developmental & Physical Disabilities;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p541
Feeding and mealtime behavior problems are an area of concern for those with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) because of their impact on daily functioning, as well as the potential for causing severe medical conditions (e.g., poor nutrition, choking, aspiration) and even death. Due to the...
- Change of the Degree of Septal Hypertrophy in Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy Under Procainamide Treatment. Schwartz, J.; Rafael, C.; Rozenfeld, V.; Abu-Much, Z.; Schoham, H. // Angiology;Jan1995, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p83
The authors describe a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) with decrease in septum thickness following procainamide treatment.
- Peginterferon-Î±-2a/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2014, Vol. 1489 Issue 1, p29
The article presents a case study of a 41-year-old man diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy and hypothyroidism developed while receiving peginterferon-Î±-2a and ribavirin..
- Myocarditis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p691
Presents an encyclopedia entry for the medical condition myocarditis. Causes; Gender and life span considerations; Primary nursing diagnosis; Treatment of myocarditis.
- Choice of ESRD treatment strategy according to cardiac status. Wizemann, Volker; Kramer, Wilfried // Kidney International Supplement;Mar1988, Issue 24, pS-191
Discusses the diagnosis and management of coronary artery disease (CAD) and of dialysis-associated cardiomyopathy. Tendency for hemodialysis to induce myocardial ischemia in a high percentage of patients; Potential for overhydration to be hazardous in a dialysis patient with CAD; Likelihood for...
- Magnesium. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1548 Issue 1, p166
The article presents case studies of adolescents who cardiomyopathy and cardiogenic shock leading to cerebrovascular event during the administration of mesalazine.
- Understanding stress cardiomyopathy. Hollenberg, Steven; Hollenberg, Steven M // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2016, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p432
This article provides information on stress cardiomyopathy. It discusses the importance for clinicians to recognizing stress cardiomyopathy and its distinction from acute coronary syndrome, the diagnostic criteria proposed by the Mayo Clinic, its pathogenesis, and treatment of stress cardiomyopathy.