- Transaction Cost Economics: Recent Developments. Pratten, Stephen // Review of Industrial Organization;Mar1999, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p183
Reviews the book "Transaction Cost Economics: Recent Developments," edited by Claude Menard.
- LA DIFICIL TAREA DE REFORMAR LA INSTITUCIONALIDAD REGULATORIA. SAAVEDRA, EDUARDO // Revista de Analisis Economico;jun2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p3
Based on the book tribute to the Nobel Prize in Economics 2009 Oliver Williamson, this essay summarizes the fourteen chapters of the book and presents valuable applications to different issues of regulatory policy in Chile. Concludes this essay with a strong recommendation to policy makers and...
- Book Review Essay: What's New about the New Institutionalism? Carruthers, Bruce G. // Administrative Science Quarterly;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p496
This article presents a review of a book entitled "Handbook of New Institutional Economics," edited by Claude MÃ©nard and Mary M. Shirley.
- Education for educating surgeons. Bulstrode, Christopher; Holsgrove, Gareth // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p326
Focuses on the education of surgeons in Great Britain. Importance of cognitive skills based on factual knowledge; Training of surgeons.
- Our time to climb the greasy pole. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2003, p27
Focuses on position of general surgeons in Great Britain. Decline in the importance of surgeons; Impact of change in pay on general practice; Effect of decline in the importance of surgeons on other specialist.
- Presidential address, 2001. Advice to young surgeons. MacFarlane, John K. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p120
Focuses on the advice of the author to young surgeons during his presidential address in to the Canadian Association of General Surgeons. Advice of the author to young surgeons; Preparation of young surgeons for a lifetime of learning; Adoption of advocacy role in profession.
- The hazards of practice guidelines. PULEC, JACK L. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug1997, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p484
Editorial. Presents the author's assessment of the article entitled `Practice Guidelines and Liability Implications,' by F. Dean Griffen. Griffen's purpose in writing the paper; Why organizations avoid writing guidelines concerning surgical equipment; How the Internet makes practice guidelines...
- How to choose a thyroid surgeon. Gaz, Randall D. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1995, Issue 75, p3
Lists several questions to determine a surgeon's capability to perform a thyroid surgery.
- Selecting a plastic surgeon. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun93, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p34
Lists precautionary measures to take before selecting a cosmetic surgeon. Credentials; Experience; Before and after photos of patients; Talking with patients; Explanation of procedure; Personal reflection.