- DEATHS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;6/5/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p1791
The article presents obituaries for several medical personnel including ophthalmologist James Tertius Baird, pediatric general surgeon Harvey Ernest Beardmore and dermatologist Anna Flint.
- Managed care poses new challenges to acne treatment. Newman, Laura // Dermatology Times;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on dermatologist Robert Feinstein's discussion on the need for dermatologists to consult the American Academy of Dermatology's Referral Guidelines in order to survive financially and ethically under capitation. Report at the 54th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology;...
- Drug therapy choices critical to dermatology. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on dermatologist Norman Levine's discussion on the maintenance of the dermatologist's image as a specialist. Report at the 54th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology; Four basic guiding principles for pharmacotherapeutic management.
- Dermatologic IPAs: Insuring your future? Newman, Laura // Dermatology Times;Dec96, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
Reports that some dermatologists in the United States are promoting the development of dermatologic independent practice associations (IPAs). Advantages of IPA; Preservation of clinical and financial autonomy.
- Should dermatologists be in the beauty business? // Dermatology Times;Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p30
Presents an abstract of an article from the November 1996 issue of `Elle,' featuring dermatologists who offer their own skin-care products.
- Look for your ballots for AAD's 1997 election. // Dermatology Times;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p50
Features the candidates for the 1997 election of the American Association of Dermatologists (AAD). List of candidates; Professional background.
- High Tech = High Cost. Kohl, Martin // Dermatology Times;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p88
Focuses on the cost of cutting paperwork in the practice of dermatologists in the United States. Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; Managed care requirements and regulations.
- Scar treatment. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p90
Reports that two dermatologic surgeons have pioneered a laser-surgery technique that gently erases stretch marks.
- Derms Wanted/ Shortages of dermatologists persists as patient waiting lists grow exponentially. Bowser, Andrew // Dermatology Times;Mar2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the shortage of dermatologists in the U.S. Expansion of the residency programs; Recruitment of qualified candidates; Imbalance in the supply and demand for dermatologists.