Prevalence of methylphenidate use among Canadian children following parental divorce
- The good divorce. Glennon, Will // New Moon Network;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the responsibility of divorcing parents on getting their children pass through the divorce process to healing and hope. Aspect of the parting that inhibits the development of a good divorce; Reestablishing independent relationships with divorced parents; Creating safe space for children.
- Kids' advice to divorced parents. Kimball, Gayle // New Moon Network;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
Advises divorced parents on how to help their children prepare and go through the divorce process. Developing an adult support system; Main negative effect of the divorce; How children cope up with the divorce process.
- Step UP! // Dolly;Jan2012, Issue 493, p92
The article presents advice from experts on how to deal with our parent's new partner. According to psychologist Gemma Cribb, it is normal to feel anxious about the changes that will occur with the new person in one's life. She added that the biggest roadblock to getting along with the new...
- Prevalence of methylphenidate use among Canadian children following parental divorce. Strohschein, Lisa A. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;6/5/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p1711
Background: Evidence suggests that children living in single-parent or step-parent households are more likely than children in households with 2 biological parents to be prescribed methylphenidate. I conducted a study of prospective data to investigate parental divorce as a predictor of...
- Assisting children through family dissolution. // Children Today;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p24
The dramatic surge in the divorce rate over the last decade has fueled extensive research, debate and publication of findings by educators, social scientists and child development specialists about the impact of marital discord, separation and divorce on children. Only recently have steps been...
- Children and the split. Ament, A.; M.D. // Single Parent;May/Jun89, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the serious loss to a child when parents separate. Tips on how to keep the child out of the middle.
- How I survived my parents' divorce. Gaskins, Pearl // Scholastic Choices;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on children having to cope with the divorce of their parents. Story of Davin Coburn; Natural reactions from kids; Having to adapt to change; Other personal experiences with divorce; Problems divorce creates for kids; Being caught in the middle; How to help a friend cope...
- Daughters of divorce. Berman, Laura // Glamour;Jul95, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p182
Focuses on the effects of divorce on a child's emotional and psychological balance. Search for partners to provide stability which women lack in their own family lives; Inability to love because of past trauma of abandonment; Happy family lives for children of divorce.
- Secret thoughts. Hunt, Angela Elwell // Today's Christian Woman;May/Jun96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the thoughts and feelings of children of divorced parents. Feelings of isolation; Guilt feelings; Importance of reassuring children not to hate or fear their parents; Impact of parents' need to compete for their children's loyalty.