News @ a glance
- News @ a glance. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;6/5/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p1695
This section offers news briefs to medicine as of June 5, 2007. A new Clinical Trial Search Portal has been launched by the World Health Organization (WHO). The No Free Lunch Directory has been made available online to provide patients with access to a database of health care professionals who...
- Specialist care services and products a click away. // Community Care;7/27/2006, Issue 1633, p28
The article looks at the online Purchasing Care Directory launched the Community Care magazine. Users can search the database of providers by any combination of client group, specialist service, location and key word. All the information on the site is up to date and providers are able to amend...
- "Too old" for hip surgery. Esmail, Nadeem // Fraser Forum;Jun2009, p12
The article discusses the poor performance of the government-run medical health services in Canada. It cites that beyond the promises the government made to provide good medical health services they still unable to give immediate service for several patients. It mentions several cases where...
- Hospitals have one week left to seek extension to HIPPA codes compliance. Brown, Steve // AHA News;10/7/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the deadline for filing an extension for compliance to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act transaction and code sets standard, which is set on October 15, 2002. Electronic filing via the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Web site; Resources offered by the...
- HHS issues HIPAA enforcement rule. // AHA News;4/21/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p2
Reports that the U.S Department of Health and Human Services issued the interim final rule establishing procedures for imposing civil penalties on entities that violate standards adopted under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Hospitals educate media on HIPAA. Austin, Kate // AHA News;4/21/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p6
Reports that hospitals educated the media and public information officials about the sweeping changes ushered in by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy rule. Terms under the privacy regulations; Outreach efforts started by the Ohio Hospital Association; Media outreach...
- HIPAA's Challenge to Finance. Clarke, Richard L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the implications of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) on health care finance in the United States. Privacy standards included in HIPAA; Risks posed by HIPAA; Cost of the implementation of HIPAA provisions.
- Containing costs. Craig, Susan // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
Reports factors affecting the increase of health care cost in New Mexico. Impact of mental health parity legislation on the cost of health care; Influence of population factors on the cost; Efforts of companies in providing health plans in relieving the increasing cost; Support given to health...
- HIMSS backs Wired for Health Care Quality Act. // Healthcare Risk Management;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, Special section p3
The article reports on the negative impact of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to medical researches in the U.S.