The elderly patient: in situ
- ICC In Conversation. // ROM Magazine;2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
An interview with photographer and Dr. Mark Nowaczynski is presented. When asked when did he take up photography, he claimed to be 16 years old winning the scholarship to study in Singapore. Nowaczynski reveals that his heroes are Lewis Hine and W. Eugene Smith. He also offers information on...
- RINGS OF CONFIDENCE…. // Community Care;1/18/2007, Issue 1656, p11
A photograph of two elder patients playing a game of hoopla with their support worker is presented.
- EvaluaciÃ³n de los recursos sociales en ancianos ingresados en el Servicio de GeriatrÃa. Fong Estrada, Juana Adela; San Juan, Mercedes Lam; Núñez, Somalí Guzmán; Fong, Jacquelin Oliva // MEDISAN;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1047
An evaluation study of the social resources in some aged patients at the Geriatrics Service of "Dr. Ambrosio Grillo Portuondo" Teaching Clinical Surgical Hospital in Santiago de Cuba was carried out from January to June, 2010, for which they were characterized according to the variables: age,...
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Seeks Nominations for Claude Pepper Awards. // Aging News Alert;5/8/2009, p10
The article invites nominations for the Claude Pepper Award by the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan's Senior Advisory Council for the people working in the field of senior citizen advocacy.
- Share your award-worthy care program. Sheehan, Patricia // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Mar2013, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the Long-Term Livings annual OPTIMA Award program. The award was created to give national recognition to innovative, outcome-oriented staff teamwork--teamwork that contributes to the optimum function and well-being of residents. Program also offers solutions to common...
- OHS awards launched for aged care. // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the launching of the 1997 HESTA Better Health and Safety Awards for the residential aged sector. Aims of the awards; Theme of the awards; Categories; Prizes; Contact information.
- The 'ageing spring'. Curtis, Keryn // Australian Ageing Agenda;Jul/Aug2012, p3
The article presents the author's insights on the impact of social and technological changes on aged care in Australia.
- Warrigal recognised as a top reporter. // Australian Ageing Agenda;Sep/Oct2009, p13
The article announces that New South Wales-based aged care provider Warrigal Care has won the gold award at the annual Australasian Reporting Awards in 2009.
- BusinessWest Sponsors Work/Life Award. // BusinessWest;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p60
Highlights the Springfield Day Nursery Work/Life Balance Award in Massachusetts. Theme of the event; Number of participants; Awareness on the needs of the children and elder parents.