Periorbital and facial swelling due to dermatomyositis
- TIF1Î³-overexpressing, Highly Progressive Endometrial Carcinoma in a Patient with Dermatomyositis Positive for Malignancy-associated Anti-p155/140 Autoantibody. Akira Kasuya; Yasuhito Hamaguchi; Manabu Fujimoto; Yoshiki Tokura // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2013, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p715
The article describes the case of a anti-p155/140 antibody- positive dermatomyositis in a 52-year-old woman which shows the coexistence of a transcriptional intermediary factor 1Î³ (TIF1Î³)-overexpressing malignant neoplasm. She developed facial and palpebral oedema, erythema on the trunk,...
- Photo Quiz. Hsu, Sylvia; Northington, Marian E. // American Family Physician;10/1/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p1285
Provides information on dermatomyositis. Etiology of the disease; Clinical presentation of the disease; Information on the treatment.
- A rare case of severe myositis as paraneoplastic syndrome on breast cancer. Novais Dias, Leonardo Pires; Antunes Faria, Ana Luiza; Scandiuzzi, Maissa Marçola; dos Santos Inhaia, Claudia Luci; Shida, Jorge Yoshinori; Gebrim, Luiz Henrique // World Journal of Surgical Oncology;2015, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Dermatomyositis and polymyositis are both types of idiopathic inflammatory myositis characterized by inflammation and weakness of proximal skeletal muscles and skin rash. Case: A 49-year-old Caucasian woman recently diagnosed with breast cancer classified as T1N2M0, stage IIIA,...
- Tamoxifen-induced tumour regression associated with dermatomyositis. Harris, Adrian L.; Smith, Ian E.; Snaith, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/5/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6330, p1674
Examines a tamoxifen-induced tumor regression associated with dermatomyositis in women. Mechanism of dermatomyositis; Interaction of tamoxifen with cell components; Impact of long plasma half life to the patients.
- Musculoskeletal Adverse Events Associated with Adjuvant Aromatase Inhibitors. Khan, Qamar J.; O'Dea, Anne P.; Sharma, Priyanka // Journal of Oncology;2010, p1
Musculoskeletal symptoms including arthralgia andmyalgia occur frequently in aging women, particularly during the transition to menopause, when plasma estrogens precipitously decline. In postmenopausal women (PMW) with breast cancer, third-generation aromatase inhibitors (AIs) as adjuvant...
- Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis: Disease Spectrum and Classification. Raychaudhuri, Siba P.; Mitra, Anupam // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p366
Muscle inflammation and weakness are the key features of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIMs). In addition IIMs are frequently associated with cutaneous and pulmonary involvement. In clinical practice the three common inflammatory myopathies we come across are polymyositis (PM),...
- let's get personal. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p158
Discusses issues and developments in the fight against breast cancer as of October 2000. Development of digital mammography; Early detection of cancer; Projected success rate of breast cancer drugs.
- HRT study reinforces link to breast cancer. // GP: General Practitioner;2/18/2002, p8
Reports the results on the study of the breast cancer in Great Britain. Risks of breasts cancer; Examination on the lobular form of the disease; Effects of breast cancer to married women.
- Recent Advances in the Identification of Genetic and Biochemical Components of Breast Cancer Predisposition. M.K. Sauer // Current Genomics;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p389
Breast cancer is one of the most common malignancies affecting women; thus, much effort has been put into understanding the genetics of predisposition to breast cancer as well as identifying factors involved in tumor progression and cancer prognosis. Conventional genetics was used to map and...