Family practice a tough sell
- Quebec left with numerous vacancies after resident match. Silversides, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/23/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 13, pE115
The article reports on the 60% vacancies of the family medicine residency positions in Quebec. It pertains that the high vacancy rate was attributed to the non promotion of those positions within the medical schools and the gap between the government's ability to fill spots and the policy....
- Why has recruiting GPs become so hard? Kaffash, Jaimie // Pulse;Mar2013, p18
The article discusses the crisis in recruiting general practitioners (GPs) in Great Britain in 2013. It highlights the increasing GP vacancy rate of 7.9% in January 2013 according to the Pulse survey. It also mentions the decrease of GP partners and the lack of interest of newly qualified...
- PLOTTER General practice in figures. // Pulse;5/14/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p92
Presents a graph showing the time taken to fill a general practice vacancies in Great Britain in 2004, as sourced from the Department of Health.
- A profession fast losing its appeal. Nowottny, Steve // Pulse;Mar2013, p29
The author reflects on the recruitment crisis in general practice in Great Britain in 2013. The author states that the average vacancy rate for the position of general practitioners (GPs) have quadrupled. The author also mentions that the Department of Health and the Clinical Commissioning...
- Shortage of new posts to hit young GPs for third year. // GP: General Practitioner;9/5/2008, p16
The article reports on the impact of falling practice vacancies on young general practitioners in Great Britain. Figures from the National Health Service Information Centre showed that the general practice vacancy rate had decreased for the third year running. Moreover, it is said that posts for...
- GP vacancies on display in Jobcentres. // GP: General Practitioner;4/19/2004, p1
General practitioners hoping to move up a rung on the career ladder can now peruse vacancies at their local Jobcentre. Advertisements for salaried and out-of-hours posts paying up to pounds 110,000 are appearing in Jobcentres across England. A Durham Dales PCT spokeswoman said a vacancy at...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // GP: General Practitioner;8/31/2007, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the field of general practice in Great Britain. The DoH's Information Centre has said that the general practitioner (GP) three-month vacancy rate in England has fallen. According to the British National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE), GPs...
- Interview: Standing up for equality. // GP: General Practitioner;9/16/2013, p26
Practices must stamp out discrimination, says BMA equality and diversity committee chairman Dr Rafik Taibjee. Marina Soteriou reports.
- A bad month for... // Pulse;May2015, p19
The article offers news briefs related to general practice as of May 1, 2015 on topics including the failure of EMIS Web system to update the QOF data of general practitioners (GPs), seven-day service of GPs in London, and average of medical students to repay large debts incurred while studying.