How to…get 360-degree coaching right
- GET SPORTY! CHAKRABORTY SAHA, SANNITA // Human Capital;Jul2014, p46
The article talks about the Power Play dynamic coaching program of the information technology (IT) services and solutions provider UST Global. Its says that the coaching program has ignites the competitive spirit of the workforce of the company, and helps sharpen their strengths. It adds that...
- Why performance appraisals are worthless. Hauck, Wally // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/23/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p21
The article reports that performance appraisals add no measurable value because of their nature of judging and criticism of employees, instead of evaluation employee methods. Performance appraisal range from simple written appraisal of an employee's performance, to a feedback instrument wherein...
- Getting the Most Out of Performance Plans. Adubato, Steve // njbiz;1/1/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
The author offers advice for employers on using the 360-employee evaluation tool. The 360 direct reports, peers and significant external stakeholders and considered a must in management and leadership. It is important to conduct a face-to-face meeting with someone who has just received a 360...
- How toâ€¦conduct a performance review. // Contract Journal;3/1/2006, Vol. 432 Issue 6564, p51
Offers advice in conducting a performance review of an employee. Use of feedback in the review; Anticipation of questions that an employee might raise; Organization of a follow-up meeting weeks after the review.
- Medical Staff performance appraisal. LINDER, RICHARD // Spa Management;May2009, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p60
The article discusses performance appraisal. Performance appraisal aids managers in determining an employee's continued fit with the organization, potential for additional responsibilities and opportunities for development. Self-assessment, direct manager's evaluation and feedback from peers,...
- The Shocking Truth About 360-Degree Feedback. Asmus, Mary Jo // Government Executive;6/9/2015, p1
In this article, the author talks about 360-degree feedback, which provides employees performance ratings. It mentions about the importance of assessing and reviewing the report by an employee to work on their strengths and weaknesses. It also presents highlights of the reports which include...
- 360 degrees Feedback System Effectiveness: Test of a Model in a Field Setting. Williams, Jane R.; Lueke, Sarah B. // Journal of Quality Management;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
Multi-source feedback systems have been implemented in many organizations as a tool to enhance management development efforts. Interestingly, compared to the number of systems in place, the amount of empirical work conducted to support the use of these systems is scarce. The current field study...
- The Dark Side of 360-Degree Feedback. Wimer, Scott // T+D;Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p37
Reports the implication of 360-degree feedback, a human resource interventions for corporate development in the U.S. Introduction of performance appraisal processes; Importance of self-awareness for work behavior; Ways of maximizing the learning opportunities and perceptions of individual.
- Coaching has highest impact on performance. // Coaching at Work;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
The article presents a study conducted by Aston Business School doctoral researcher Rebecca Jones as of March 2014, which showed that the effect of coaching on performance is greater than training or 360-degree feedback.