- The Week. // Third Sector;7/28/2009, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning the third sector in Great Britain. The budget has allotted 16.7 million pounds for charities working with vulnerable and disadvantaged people. Article 25, a human rights charity, is looking to establish a consortium of charities to be able to bid for a...
- SCOPE FOR ACTION. Syedain, Hashi // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p30
The article features Jon Sparkes, chief executive officer of Scope, and his effectiveness in helping the company achieve success. Sparkles was hired by Scope as human resource director in 2004. He believes in putting employees at the heart of a business strategy in order to boost a company's...
- HR chief gets Scope top job. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;2/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
The article announces the promotion of Jon Sparkes as chief executive officer of National disability charity, Scope.
- Selecting Leaders. Fernandez, Jorge E. // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the recruitment, selection and development practices of chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Assessment of the behavioral style of CEO; Factors considered in promotion of executive; Behavioral characteristics of CEO.
- Correction. // Employee Benefit News;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
A correction to the article about Fred Barstein, founder and chief executive officer of 401Exchange, published in the April 15, 2007 issue, is presented.
- WHAT MAGAZINES CEOS ARE READING. // SGB;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the favorite magazines of some chief executive officers including A. Stone Douglass, CEO of Orange 21, Bob Puccini, President Mizuno USA and Matt Rubel, CEO Collective Brands.
- Application Process. Adams, Scott // Conference Board Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p12
An excerpt from the writer Scott Adams' blog posted at the web site www.dilbertblog.typepad.com is presented.
- COMMUNICATION MAKES BETTER BOSS. // Broker Magazine;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the traits of successful chief executive officers. Ability to listen and examine people's perspectives; Development of fair policies and solutions.
- CEOs gird for shakeout. Solovy, Alden // AHA News;05/06/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the concerns of academic medical center chief executive officers (CEO) in New York City over possible shakeout in the city which was discussed during CEOs' panel discussion at the New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center. Importance of demonstrating geographic coverage for academic...