TALK MAY ONLY PAY LIP SERVICE
- Acquisitions, No FMLA Abroad, Sharps Containers. Halvorsen, Regan; Levine, Deb; St. Martin, Anne // HR Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p41
The article cautions an employer who plans to terminate employees who are members of a labor union and hire non-unionized employees. The National Labor Relations Act specifically addresses the duty of successor employers in its Basic Guide to the National Labor Relations Act, whereby an...
- Lawsuit: Company violated Indian guest workers' rights. Kunzelman, Michael // Buffalo Law Journal;3/13/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on a lawsuit by workers from India against oil-rig construction company Signal International. The workers claim that their labor rights were violated by the company while working in its shipyards. The workers also protested against a lawyer in New Orleans who allegedly aided...
- HR matters! Edwards, Gareth // Credit Management;Jun2007, p41
The article discusses several employment-related cases and summarizes the elements of Work and Families Act in Great Britain. The author gives comprehensive information on the human resource management issues of each case and gives his own perspective on it. Moreover, he tries to clearly...
- Family care bias suits rise as workers assert rights. Gonzalez, Gloria // Business Insurance;6/19/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p11
The article gives advice to employers on addressing the issue of lawsuits from alleged discrimination against employees with family care responsibilities. Lawsuits alleging this type of discrimination, while not entirely new, have been on the rise in recent years. And federal and state laws...
- overview of the employment relations. Mills, Jennifer; Warden, Emma // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p36
The article presents an overview of the flexible working legislation, Employment Relations Amendment Act 2008, which came into force on July 1, 2008. It is noted that the legislation amends the Employment Relations Act 200 to provide a statutory framework for eligible employees to request...
- ARTICLES. // Labor Law Journal;Jan53, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p56
Presents several magazine articles on labor laws and industrial relations in the U.S. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on personnel management.
- Rank and File: New at Work and Working People. // Labor Law Journal;Jan53, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p57
Reports on developments concerning personnel management and labor laws in the U.S. as of January 1953. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on industrial relations.
- Dear Workforce. Nielson, Carl; Finnegan, Dick // Workforce;Jul2015, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p10
Two questions and answers are presented related to workforce such as the managerial behavior issue in the workplace and the benefits of salary and compensation in the employees retention.
- What's in a name? Blake, Nick // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p15
Talks about several proposals to change industrial laws which could be seen as an example of a form of message manipulation in Australia. Actions to be taken by the Howard Government once it gains control of the Senate; Other items on the government's agenda.