Talk isn't cheap for learning
- SUN GOES DOWN ON HR DINOSAURS... // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p1
The article offers information on the annual Public Sector People Managers' Association conference which took place in Brighton, England in April 2008. The theme of the conference was "'Evolution or Extinction," which captured the debate that is currently raging about what the future holds for...
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;9/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p60
Presents upcoming meetings in Great Britain for the year 2005 related to personnel management.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
A calendar of events for the 2008 Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) Professional Development Programme is presented which includes HR Foundations workshop on February 18-20, 2009, Australasian Talent Conference on March 18-20, 2009, and "929" Conference on May 13, 2009.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p31
Provides information on several events suitable for managers and human resource practitioners from August 10 to November 4, 2005 in New Zealand. HR Foundations; Conference & Expo; MasterClass in Effective Facilitation; Strategic HRM.
- Call for HR to get down to the bar. // Personnel Today;5/20/2003, p48
The article focuses on the 2003 Richmond Events' Human Resource (HR) Forum held from May 8-11, 2003. The three-and-a-half days Richmond Events' HR Forum was held on the luxury liner Aurora. In the meeting, it was discussed that HR directors don't get out enough and should spend more time in bars...
- Conference round-up. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p16
Presents information on Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), European Association of Personnel Management (EAPM) and CiP 97 conferences and meetings. Major cause of growing skills gap, according to the survey of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); Growth of international...
- Winning strategies for HR professionals. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p13
This article focuses on winning strategies for HR professionals. Winning strategies for effectively managing workplace issues will be the focus of a human resource conference May 24. The conference, which is expected to draw supervisors, managers, human resource and office professionals and...
- Business experience is key to boardroom. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;10/4/2005, p8
This article focuses on the Economist HR Directors Summit held in London, England, on September 29, 2005. Delegates at the Economist HR Directors Summit heard that getting experience in different departments would transform HR professionals into businessmen and women. HR people wanting to sit on...
- "Ãgora Talentia", el primer foro mundial del talento. // Capital Humano;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 230, p8
The article discusses â€œÃgora Talentia," the first global forum on talent, held in Pamplona, Spain. It reports that the event, endorsed by the European Union and organized by the government of Navarra, Spain, focused on key factors in developing and managing talent. The article notes...