Talk isn't cheap for learning
- SUN GOES DOWN ON HR DINOSAURS... // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p1
The article offers information on the annual Public Sector People Managers' Association conference which took place in Brighton, England in April 2008. The theme of the conference was "'Evolution or Extinction," which captured the debate that is currently raging about what the future holds for...
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;9/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p60
Presents upcoming meetings in Great Britain for the year 2005 related to personnel management.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
A calendar of events for the 2008 Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) Professional Development Programme is presented which includes HR Foundations workshop on February 18-20, 2009, Australasian Talent Conference on March 18-20, 2009, and "929" Conference on May 13, 2009.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p31
Provides information on several events suitable for managers and human resource practitioners from August 10 to November 4, 2005 in New Zealand. HR Foundations; Conference & Expo; MasterClass in Effective Facilitation; Strategic HRM.
- Call for HR to get down to the bar. // Personnel Today;5/20/2003, p48
The article focuses on the 2003 Richmond Events' Human Resource (HR) Forum held from May 8-11, 2003. The three-and-a-half days Richmond Events' HR Forum was held on the luxury liner Aurora. In the meeting, it was discussed that HR directors don't get out enough and should spend more time in bars...
- Human Capital: Symposium on Designing and Managing Market-Based and More Performance-Oriented Pay Systems: GAO-05-832SP. // GAO Reports;7/27/2005, p1
Critical to the success of the federal government's transformation are its people--human capital. Yet the government has not transformed, in many cases, how it classifies, compensates, develops, and motivates its employees to achieve maximum results within available resources and existing...
- Environmental Sustainability at Work. Below, Stephany Schings // TIP: The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist;Jan2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p117
The article discusses the highlights of the 2012 Leading Edge Consortium (LEC) conference on environmental sustainability held on October 19-20, 2012 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Attendees heard from 11 speakers on several topics including creating sustainable organizations and the state of human...
- Conference round-up. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p16
Presents information on Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), European Association of Personnel Management (EAPM) and CiP 97 conferences and meetings. Major cause of growing skills gap, according to the survey of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); Growth of international...
- CIPD Conference 2007 highlights. Shields, Bill // Human Resources Magazine;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p26
The article discusses the highlights of the Chartered Institute of Personne Development Conference (CIPD) Conference held in Harrogate, England in September 2007. Themes of the conference include leadership, putting positive psychology to work, the changing face of human resources (HR), talent...