Council cuts sick days
- HR Space: Connecting the HR community. // Personnel Today;6/15/2010, p9
The article presents answers to the question on reducing absenteeism at workplace, in Great Britain.
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Absence Supports Greater Organizational Productivity. Robinson, Betsy // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p7
Discusses how to manage employee absence. Factors driving the high price of absence; Benefits of the integrated intake approach; Examples of presentee-ism; Strategies for absence management.
- Top tips for tackling the 'sickie culture.'. // People Management;10/2/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p42
The article discusses several ways of dealing with sickie culture in Great Britain. High levels of absence can be costly and damaging at any time, but during economic slowdown the impact can be critical, so it is important to have an absence management policy. All sickness absence should be...
- The role of extended weekends in sickness absenteeism. Vahtera, J.; Kivimaki, M.; Pentti, J. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Dec2001, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p818
Presents a study that investigated the role of extended weekends in sickness absenteeism. Background on voluntary absenteeism or extended weekend absence; Analysis of the rate of sick leaves for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; Implications for the management of avoidable proportion of absenteeism.
- TIME BANK. Santovec, Mary Lou // Credit Union Management;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p50
Discusses tips on how to curb employee absenteeism. Importance of incentive programs for employees; Mechanics of paid time-off banks, a leave program for employees; Advantages of the program; Reasons for employees' use of vacation and sick leaves; Background on effective personnel management.
- PRACTICE STAFF OFF SICK ALL THE TIME. Salter, Michael; Bryden, Chris // Pulse;1/30/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p49
The article offers tips on what to do when a staff has been off to work unwell for more than 18 months while another employee is also off regularly with short ailments. Relative to the mentioned situation, it clarifies the possibility that employer would dismiss the employees who are off work...
- Crisis in sicknote system will force major overhaul. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p1
No abstract available.
- Managing absenteeism and sick days. Reid-Williams, Lynette; Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p26
Discusses effective methods that United States foodservice operators use to reduce absenteeism and to discourage employees from taking the maximum personal and sick days to which they are entitled. Proper scheduling of leave time; Travel reward drawings and cash for unused days; Task of...
- Preventing Employee Problems. MARINUCCI, RICHARD // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p24
The article offers advice on minimizing the chances that a good employee will create problems in the fire department. One of the problems created by some employees is sick time abuse. It notes that departments should have a good hiring process to increase the likelihood that individuals with the...