Ads put diversity in the limelight
- Sign here, please. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;May93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Harbor Homes' Signs-in-a-Second,' a program that will help reduce the high level of unemployment among people with mental disabilities in New Hampshire. Assistance given by Digital Equipment Corp. on the program; Statement of Agency Director Peter Kelleher about one of the immediate...
- Leonard Cheshire drive targets marketers. // Marketing Week;5/27/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Reports that the British charity for the disabled Leonard Cheshire will launch a campaign to encourage advertisers to feature more disabled people in their campaigns. Participation of Shannon Murray in the campaign; Development of the campaign by FCA; Budget for the campaign.
- Tapping a Unique Labor Pool. Burman, Allan V. // Government Executive;Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p84
Focuses on the nonprofit Fairfax Opportunities Unlimited's (FOU) partnership with the federal government in providing employment to people with disabilities in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Legislative framework which gave rise to the FOU program; Contracts of the FOU with various agencies;...
- The New Path to Employment: Navigating Rocky Economic Times to Find Success in the Working World. Hubler, Brian; Ebsworth-Goold, Erika // Exceptional Parent;Oct2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on the employment of people with disabilities. It highlights the story of Amy Gruzinger, a 25-year-old with Down Syndrome who manages to work at a grocery store despite her disabilities According to the research of the Department of Labor, there are about 22.8 percent of...
- Keeping Fit With A Disability. // Palaestra;Winter2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p49
The article reports on Lee Jones, a 31-year-old man with Down syndrome. Health clubs often ignore or fail to adequately provide for clients with disabilities including Down syndrome or move at too fast a pace for them so Jones decided to lead his own weekly fitness class for people with...
- Now Thane says 'Don't Be Horny'. // Radio & Music;6/11/2015, p1
The article reports on the popularity of the advertising campaign titled "Don't Be Horny," prompting the organization Lions Club of Thane North to replicate the same in Thane, India.
- SHINING: A LIGHT ON GOOD PRACTICE. Hicks, Ruth // Learning Disability Today;Dec2009, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p24
The article offers information on the efforts made by the organization Middlesbrough Adult Social Care Services to fulfill the needs of the people with learning disabilities in Middlesbrough, England. Various strategies have been adopted by the organization to help such people including the...
- Facility trains disabled adults, handles hard-to-recycle scrap. Smith, Sarah S. // Plastics News;1/27/1997, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p12
Features Protect the Planet, a nonprofit organization with a job training facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin aimed at providing jobs for disabled adults and reclaim and sort hard-to-recycle scrap plastics. Goals of the organization; Recycling process used; Employee selection.
- (DISABILITIES) Kessler Foundation (NJ). // Children & Youth Funding Report;1/1/2010, p25
The article presents information about the Kessler Foundation's Community Employment Grant Program which focuses on increasing employment and career opportunities for people with physical disabilities in New Jersey. The foundation helps those projects and initiatives that focus on job placement...