'Reveal magic of learning,' says Bryson
- Bryson heads CPRE--and targets litter. // Farmers Weekly;5/4/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 18, p14
The article announces that Bill Bryson was appointed president of the Campaign to Protect Rural England.
- Five Indies band together to nab author. K.A. // Publishers Weekly;2/27/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the collaboration by five independent bookstores in Seattle, Washington for a book-signing tour by author Bill Bryson. Schedule and venue of the author's appearance.
- You could win a trip through time. // Engineer (00137758);6/19/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7702, p66
The article presents the prize for the brain teaser published within the issue. The first correct entry accepted will win a copy of the book "Short History of Nearly Everything," by Bill Bryson. The book is part of Bryson's pursuit to fully interpret all things that has occurred, from the Big...
- Bill Bryson: An ex-expat traveling light. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p191
Presents an interview with author Bill Bryson. His love of Great Britain; Travelogues including `The Lost Continent' and `Neither Here Nor There'; Publication of `A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail'; Rationale for his hike into the wilderness; Examples of his...
- Untitled. // Travel Weekly (UK);12/5/2013, Issue 2197, p26
The article reports that author Bill Bryson will be the guest speaker in the Cunard cruise in 2014.
- A Different Kind of Journey. Gold, Sarah F.; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p60
Interviews author Bill Bryson about his book 'A Short History of Nearly Everything.' Reason he turned from travel writing to science; Information on how he educates himself; His comments regarding scientists.
- Bill's furniture frustration. // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p33
Focuses on the comments of American author Bull Bryson about the experience of shopping for furniture in London, England. Difficulties encountered; Bryson's feelings about the matter.
- Giving a Bear A Pedicure. Bryson, Bill // Read;3/9/2007, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p14
An excerpt from the book "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson is presented.
- Talking with...Bill Bryson. Dagostino, Mark // People;08/03/98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
Profiles Bill Bryson author of the book `A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail.' How he got the idea for the book; Comments.