Trade union membership suffers slump
- Union membership by State. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun99, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p39
Reports the union membership of workers in several states of the United States. Membership rates of nineteen states; States that are more unionized since 1995.
- S.C. is Nation's Lowest in Union Membership. Ellzey, Dan; Carrouth, Mike // South Carolina Business;Jul2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p14
The article presents information related to South Carolina's labor union membership. It is stated that South Carolina has the lowest percentage of union members in the U.S. It has also been reported that only 7.4 percent of workers were union members in the private sector which are the lowest...
- Public Sector Union Democracy: A Comparative Analysis. Fine, Cory R.; Baktari, Paul // Journal of Labor Research;Spring2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p391
A congressional subcommittee held "union democracy" hearings in 1998 and 1999 to debate the impact and effectiveness of the union-democracy protections provided by the Landrum-Griffin Act which provides union members in the private sector and U.S. Postal Service certain democratic rights and...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE. // Commercial Motor;11/17/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5459, p30
The article presents questions and answers related to the right of employees to paid and unpaid time off work including trade union members, public employees, and young workers.
- One out of seven wage and salary workers belongs to a union. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer97, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p36
Presents graph on percentage of employed wage and salary workers who are members of union by occupational group in 1996 in the United States.
- Unions labor to draw more. Ettorre, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;08/30/99, Vol. 20 Issue 35, pM-10
Focuses on labor unions' development of training programs to avert its declining membership. Factors attributed to the declining membership; Emphasis on training workers in technology fields; United Steelworkers of America's Institute for Career Development; Apprenticeship program by the...
- Union Membership. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2001, p13
Reports on union membership in the United States as of 2000. Labor union membership by worker's age; Weekly earnings by gender; Weekly earnings by race.
- Unions: They do a body good. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/21/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 46, p9
The article focuses on a study published in the 2012 issue of the journal "Social Forces" which states that labor union members are healthier than non-union employees.
- UNION YES? Labor leaders to blame for workers' weakness. Rall, Ted // Boise Weekly;3/16/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p7
In this article the author discusses the disputes arising between labor leaders and business owners regarding workers weak attitudes.