Thirty Years After Michael E. Porter: What Do We Know About Business Exit?
- A graceful exit. Cochrane, Ian // Design Week (Online Edition);5/26/2011 Top 100 Supplement, p67
The article offers ways on how to avoid the difficulties of selling a consultancy business. It states that selling of a consultancy should not be considered if one have at least 500,000 pounds or above pre-tax profits since it can help employ strong financial controller and product monthly cash...
- An Efficient Path to Mid-Market Growth. Cerny, Ward // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/23/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 25, p12
The article discusses the significance of close cooperation with an experienced investment bank in managing the business acquisition process in the U.S. Accordingly, middle-market companies generally do not have internal corporate development experts and would need to hire a team with experience...
- Surviving a Merger. Marks, Mitchell Lee // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p26
Presents guidelines for supporting employees and employer during a merger. Reason for the high failure rate of merged companies to achieve its financial strategic objectives; Merger syndrome.
- How Big Is Too Big? Brown, Tom; Sale, Kirkpatrick // Across the Board;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p14
Discusses the management of big corporations. Reasons for the merger of large companies; Views on the size of companies in terms of employees; Effect of big corporations on individuals; Who benefits from merger of big corporations; Advice on how to manage large companies; Technology in managing...
- Mergers Appear Certain, Says Pilots Union Boss. // AirGuide Business;3/1/2010, p2
The article focuses on the significant aspects of business consolidation in the U.S. airline industry.
- Transferring your business to family members. Peto, Loretta // Inside Tucson Business;2/14/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p12
The article presents suggestion useful for transferring business to family members. In order to avoid becoming a witness to the sale or dissolution of the company you worked so hard to grow, transfer only to those family members who would be interested in running the business. Also consider how...
- Prospective Dealership Buyers Should Consider F&I,CSI. // Ward's Dealer Business;Jul2007, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses the need for automotive dealership buyers in the U.S. to consider their finance and insurance (F&I). In a newsletter distributed by the 12-member CPA teams of Auto Team America (ATA), the organization advised that car dealers seeking to expand through acquisition should...
- QualxServ Acquires BancTec Subsidiary. Bills, Steve // American Banker;1/16/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that QualxServ Inc. of Worcester, Massachusetts announced it had acquired the information technology service management unit of banking technology company BancTec Inc. of Dallas, Texas. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed by either party.
- OPINION: Takeover Code tweaks do not augur an M&A revolution. // Fund Strategy;5/3/2011, p6
The article focuses on the draft proposals published by Takeover Panel for the Takeover Code's much-trailed amendments. It states that the proposals serve as response to the political call out after Cadbury's acquisition by Kraft. It adds that the proposals demonstrate the political debate on...