The impact of co-option on herbalism: A bifurcation in epistemology and practice
- The fountain of youth's magic formula? It may be major bupleurum combination. Terashi, Bokuso // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 3, Keeping Ancient... pD
Features the use of herbal therapies for various ailments. Hypertension; Arteriosclerosis; Apoplexy; Angina pectoris; Myocardial infarction.
- Herbal medicine takes root in Germany. Harrison, Pam // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/10/98, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p637
Discusses the herbal medicine industry in Germany as of March 1998. The rise in the popularity of herbal medicine being driven by German patients, who began demanding herbal alternatives to synthetic drugs; How medical schools responded by reintroducing lessons on a topic that had been phased...
- Editorial. Russell, Robert M. // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p65
Editorial. Discusses the integration of herbal medicine in clinical practice. Significance of alternative therapies; Discussion on the possible physiological effects of botanicals; Evaluation on the effectiveness and side effects of herbal medicine.
- Herbal Cure. Allen, Chaz // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/12/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses key issues concerning mayweed, a natural herbal medicine for treating colds and fevers.
- Access. // HerbalGram;Aug-Oct2012, Issue 95, p78
The article presents information on publications, organizations, seminars and other resources which could be utilized by herbal medicine enthusiasts, including the web site of the Pet Poison Helpline, located at www.petpoisonhelpline.com, "Breakthroughs in Science", a series of articles from the...
- Natural healing. // Heart & Soul;Dec97, Issue 24, p62
Provides information on several herbs recommended for women by health experts. Diseases treated by black cohosh; Nutrients contains in a dandalion; Conditions relieved by evening primrose. INSETS: Untitled (Excerpt from New Choices...).;Increase your herb.;Do's and don'ts..
- Alternative medicine: What the data say about common herbal therapies. Ness, Jose; Sherman, Fredrick T.; Pan, Cynthia X. // Geriatrics;Oct99, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p33
Discusses the growth in the use of alternative medicine. Definition of alternative medicine; Information on common herbal preparations, their sources, biological activity, clinical indications and side effects.
- Exercise Caution With Herbal Products. // Malakoff News (TX);6/21/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 25, p13
The article offers information about the side effects of herbal products as an alternative medicine.
- Alternative Licensing for Herbal Medicine-Like Products in the European Union. McIntyre, Michael // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Apr1999, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p110
Deals with the recommended alternative licensing procedures for herbal medicine-like products in the European Union (EU). Development of herbal medicine within the EU; Evaluation of a licensing system; Need to define a special category for herbal medicines and dietary supplements.