Becoming a smoker: Adapting Becker's model of deviance for adolescent smoking
- Sticky situation. // Scholastic Choices;Apr95, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p19
Gives advice concerning a sister's desire to interfere in her brother's potentially emotionally-damaging relationship.
- Measuring Beliefs About Adolescent Personality and Behavior. Buchanan, Christy M.; Holmbeck, Grayson N. // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p607
Presents a measure that assesses individual's expectations and stereotypes concerning adolescents. Ways to conceptualize adolescence; Beliefs about adolescents as related to demographic factors; Beliefs about adolescence and one's own adolescent experience.
- Happier teenagers. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Reports that contemporary teenagers in Australia are happy, optimistic and eager for success. Change from being pessimistic to positive about the future; Division of house chores along gender lines.
- Righting all wrongs, in the following order. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/8/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p18
Presents findings of a poll of 12 to 17 year olds regarding their hierarchy of social concerns that may be related to public advertising. Respondents as more exercised by active misdeeds than by unfortunate situations without any villain to blame.
- What really matters? Wilks, Jeffrey // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the results of a study on the importance attached by Queensland teenagers to 20 major adolescent issues. Includes importance attached to health; Education; Employment; Personal relationships; Friendship.
- Rebel, rebel. Gaskins, Pearl; Otte, Silvia // Scholastic Choices;Oct93, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
Explains why teenagers rebel. Definition; Association of rebellion with teenage years; Reasons why teenager rebel; Forms and extent of rebellion; Self-destructive behavior. INSET: How to get what you want without breaking the rules..
- PARENT-ADOLESCENT CONFLICT AND ADOLESCENT ANTISOCIAL AND PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOR: A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN A CHINESE CONTEXT. Ma, Hing Keung; Shek, Daniel T. L. // Adolescence;Fall2001, Vol. 36 Issue 143, p545
Presents a study which examined the relationships between parent-adolescent conflict and antisocial and prosocial behavior in Chinese adolescents. Methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusion.
- WHAT EVERY PROFESSIONAL WHO WORKS WITH ADOLESCENTS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FIRESETTERS. Slavkin, Michael L.; Fineman, Kenneth // Adolescence;Winter2000, Vol. 35 Issue 140, p759
Discusses the individual and environmental factors that relate to the etiology and levels of firesetting among adolescents. Types of juvenile firesetters; Description of a pathological firesetting scenario; Mental health strategies with juvenile firesetters.
- `To Live Well, To Live at Ease': Reflections on Life by Post-Soviet Russian Teenagers. Markowitz, Fran // Adolescence;Summer99, Vol. 34 Issue 134, p339
Presents information on a study which described the adolescent experience in post-Communist Russia. Impact of sociopolitical change in Russia on young people and the role they would play; Work opportunities for Russian adolescents; Conclusions.