DEC's Website Gets a New Look!
- DEC announces 2010-11 waterfowl season dates. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the information for the upcoming waterfowl hunting season, located at the website of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in September 2010.
- greenways. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on various environmental education web sites including the Air and Waste Management Association at www.awma.org, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's environmental projects at www.dec.ny.gov, and the Green Schools Challenge project at www....
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Dec2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p28
This section offers news briefs on nature conservation in New York as of December 2008. The New York Natural Heritage Program published its annual status lists of New York rare plants. The Special Licenses Unit of the state Department of Environmental Conservation updated its web site to provide...
- Backyard Biology. Nelson, Dave // New York State Conservationist;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p22
The article reviews the wildlife web site, www.dec.ny.gov, from the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) of New York.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on various New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) matters. The DEC announced a regulation which prohibits both the intentional and indirect feeding through food attractants such as bird seeds of black bears. On April 23 to 24, 2011, DEC will hold...
- BRIEFLY. Shea, Shannon Brescher // New York State Conservationist;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p36
This section offers news briefs on environmental conservation in New York as of August 2008. The Deer Watchers Program of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is looking for volunteers to record observations of deer from mid-August to late September. The New York Natural Heritage...
- Untitled. Grannis, Pete // New York State Conservationist;Oct2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, preceding p3
This article features the implementation of the Watchable Wildlife Program in New York. Created in 1990, the program offers the best places and opportunities to see wildlife in the state. It establishes a viewing area in each city or suburb and forms interpretive trails or a visitor area. People...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.