- Undergraduates push for a carbon-neutral field course! Reavey, Duncan // Environmental Education;Spring2007, Vol. 84, p30
The article focuses on the apple orchard project of the Adventure Education course undergraduates from the University of Chichester, West Sussex, England. The project started around a campfire discussion on Lanzarote beach after the undergraduates of the adventure education did a calculation of...
- Seattle students bring ecological footprint to China. Church, Wendy // Clearing;Spring2006, Issue 120, p6
The article reports that several Seattle, Washington students travelled to China in July 2005 as part of the Facing the Future's ecological footprint activity run by One World Now and Pacific Village Institute. Prior to their departure to China, students participated in a workshop that prepared...
- greenways. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on various environmental education web sites including the Air and Waste Management Association at www.awma.org, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's environmental projects at www.dec.ny.gov, and the Green Schools Challenge project at www....
- Summer Youth Camp. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the opening of the registration for the 59th New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Environmental Education summer camp for youths.
- SCHOOL NATURE DIARY – PART 5: Nature club helps to launch a recycling drive. Peters, Henricus // Environmental Education;Spring2007, Vol. 84, p28
The article presents the 5th part of the School Nature Diary which discusses the development of a recycling drive in an elementary school in London, England spearheaded by Henricus Peters. The recycling program was developed following a requirement imposed by the Harrow Council through the...
- Readings on the Trail: A Student's Perspective. Keilty, Megan // Pathways: the Ontario journal of outdoor education;Spring2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p22
The article presents a student's opinion about McMaster's Outdoor Education program, especially the reflection and contemplation in the form of readings. The McMaster staff of 4D03 Outdoor Education urges the use of historical, cultural, comical, inspirational and philosophical readings in order...
- Sparking Environmental Fires. Guzewich, Marsha // Conservationist;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p20
Offers a look at the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) three environmental education centers, which help people understand the environment, its problems, and the human role in managing natural resources. Center locations; Popular topics; Exhibits; Information.
- DEC Camps Changed My Life. Mulverhill, Kirk // New York State Conservationist;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Reflects on New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Education Youth Summer Camp Program. Activities at the summer camp; Impact of the camp on children; Advantage of the summer camp.
- Environmental Education Partnership Turns 25. Suozzo, Wendy Repass // New York State Conservationist;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the 25th anniversary of the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation's Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar, New York in 2003. Organizations that partnered for the project; Achievements of the program; Award presented to the project.