EMPIRE STATE ADVENTURES
- Goa takes to fishing, hook, line and sinker. Nagvenkar, Mayabhushan // South Asian Post;8/26/2010, p11
The article reports on the popular game fishing operation in Goa, India which attracted the interest of local people and tourists in the country.
- Afloat. // New Yorker;7/8/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p15
The article focuses on the annual model-sailboat regatta held at the Conservatory Lake in Central Park in New York. Five of the six races for boats are classified from Class A to Class E sizes. The winners were presented with trophies by Jeanne E. Kerbs, sponsor of the regatta. A chairman of the...
- Brooklyn. Melton, Mary // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p50
The article provides information on several tourist attractions and business enterprises in Brooklyn, New York City. Tourists are advised to take a stroll at the Prospect Park, which is noted for its Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It cites that the Brooklyn Museum is among the biggest art museums in...
- TIP OF MANHATTAN. // Saturday Evening Post;10/22/1955, Vol. 228 Issue 17, p26
The article provides information on the tourist attractions at lower Manhattan in New York City. It includes the Battery Park, Castle Clinton mall and the John D. McKean fireboat.
- New Rayville Adventure Park, Scream Park, Includes Maze. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p244
The article focuses on Long Island New York's Bayville Adventure Park, which opened in the spring of 2007. A discussion of the park's attractions, which include an Amaze'n Mazes maze that will go from scary in the fall season, when the attraction is the Bayville Scream Park, to an adventure...
- Capital District. // Champlain & Hudson River Valleys Adventure Guide;2003, p142
The article discusses the characteristics of Albany County, the capital district in New York. The county was designated as the state capital by the New York State Legislature in 1917 which it continued to prosper as a trade center. Troy and Schenectady are the two other major cities in the...
- Forever Young. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Apr/May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p144
Presents information on some of the tourist attractions in the U.S. Owner of the Fountain of Youth property in Saint Augustine, Florida; Description of the Coney Island amusement park and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk seaside amusement park in California; History of The Oaks amusement park in...
- lake placid: new york. J. C. // Ski;Dec2015, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p88
The article offers travel tips for Lake Placid, New York and includes information on Adirondack Park, the Miracle on Ice arena, and Olympic history.
- Midwest Midsummer. // Sports Illustrated;07/07/1958, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p28
The article provides information on the sights to be found during the summer season in the great Middle West part of the U.S. in 1958. It says that a race meeting at Madison Downs features a lush corn field as its neighbor in Nebraska. According to the author, an outboard regatta can be found...