ON THE WILD SIDE
- Bermuda Natural History Museum. Kent, Dave // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;2/17/2006, Vol. 198 Issue 7, p18
Features several stamps which illustrate scenes of natural habitats from full-size dioramas in the Natural History Museum of Bermuda.
- British Museum (Natural History). Swinton, William E. // Natural History;Jan81, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p38
Discusses the history of the Natural History Museum in London, England. Educational and scientific functions of the museum; Founding of the museum and its parent, the British Museum, by an Act of Parliament in 1753; Fellows of the Royal Society who were keepers of the museum; Expansion and...
- Museums of natural history. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p26
Provides the addresses and phone numbers of numerous natural history museums in the United States. Academy of Natural Sciences in Pennsylvania; American Museum of Natural History in New York; Denver Museum of Natural History in Colorado; Museum of Comparative Zoology in Massachusetts; National...
- Museums of natural history. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p25
Presents a list of some natural history museums in the United States and Canada. Definition of natural history; Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; American Museum of Natural History, in New York City; Carnegie Museum of Natural History, in Pittsburgh,...
- Ancient plant species found. // American Nurseryman;4/01/96, Vol. 183 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the discovery of unknown species of plant and animal fossils by an expedition group of the American Museum of Natural History in New Jersey. Miniature flowers in oak tree amber; Availability of information in `The American Journal of Botany'.
- A Whale of a Night. Henricks, Mark // Boys' Life;Oct92, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p38
Describes an unusual `camp-in' that Scouts attended at the Hall of Ocean Life at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. The museum's collection; Workshop called `The Search for Bones'; Other activities that were offered.
- Butterfly garden boasts fluttering jewels of delight. Pendleton, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the Cockrell Butterfly Center, part of the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Comments of visitors; More than 100 species of butterfly found in the garden. INSET: Attracting butterflies to your garden, by S.P..
- The new ecology exhibition at the Natural History Museum. Allen, Susan // Journal of Biological Education;Winter91, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p242
Describes the Ecology exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London, England. Model of rain forest in first section; Water exhibition using globe made up of a system of mirrors; Gallery on land and effect of climate, season and climatic bands; Feeding and food webs; Use of touch-sensitive...
- Great Cordials. Anastasia, Michelle; Booth, Rachel // Natural History;May99, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p98
Presents several books on flowers found in the library of the American Museum of Natural History. `Compleat English Physician,' by William Salmon; `Figures of the Most Beautiful, Useful and Uncommon Plants,' by Philip Miller; `Illustrations of the Botany, and Other Branches of the Natural...