Commercial-Ratings Summit Is Set for Next Week
- Nielsen Resets May Sweeps. Krukowski, Andrew // Television Week;10/27/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on a revision to the 2008-2009 television calendar in the U.S. that will end May sweeps a week earlier, running April 23 through May 20, according to Nielsen. The sweeps period, in which Nielsen measures viewership in large and small markets across the country to help set...
- NIELSEN APR. 28-MAY 4 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p20
Several charts are presented that list Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s results on television program ratings in the U.S. from April 28 to May 4, 2008; including the top 10 basic-cable shows, top 10 broadcast shows, and highly rated broadcast networks.
- NUMBER OF THE WEEK. // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p30
The article provides information on the primetime ratings of the front-runner USA Network. According to Nielsen Media Research Inc. data released on December 27, 2006, the network has advanced in primetime ratings, with one week to go before the official end date for 2006. On the other hand,...
- NIELSEN | March 1-7 | RATINGS. Ray, Kenneth // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the ratings of television programs in the U.S. from Mach 1-7, 2004 according to Nielsen Media Research Inc. "American Idol: Uncut"; "That 70s Show"; The Guardian."
- Minority orgs gather to fight People Meter. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;7/8/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 3, p8
Reports that close to 100 representatives of minority group organizations have gathered at a town hall meeting in Hollywood, California to formulate a strategy against the People Meter, Nielsen Media Research's controversial television ratings system. Allegations on the failure of the ratings...
- RATINGS 6/27-7/3/05 Nielsen Media Research. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p11
Presents a chart on the ratings of television programs in the U.S. from June 27 to July 3, 2005, based on data from Nielsen Media Research.
- Nielsen lays a rotten egg with latest local TV ratings. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;4/4/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the controversy concerning Nielsen Media Research's rating of television programs for the third week of February 2005. Notice from Nielsen advising that the "return for week three in its analysis fell below Nielsen Media's minimum threshold", and as a result, all viewing estimates for...
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT. // Daily Variety;7/20/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 12, p8
Reports the ratings of various television programs in the United States from Nielsen Ratings from July 11-17, 2005. Total viewers; Primetime scorecard.
- Nielsen Eliminating 'Double Dip' Rule. MOSS, LINDA // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p18
The article reports that U.S.-based Nielsen Media Research Inc. is rescinding a change that allowed broadcast networks to combine two airings of a show to produce a single rating. The company made the decision in response to a furor that occurred when NBC used the new option which allowed the...
- KOLD 13 is No. 1 again but KGUN 9 has moved up. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the results of the television rating for July 2006 conducted by the Nielsen Media Research in Tucson, Arizona. The rating shows that television station KOLD's News 13 took the number one position in early morning programs while KGUN 9 and KVOA 4 ranked number two and three...