'TRUE-UP' IS GOOD FOR TIME WARNER
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- TWC pumps $850,000 into new state-of-the-art hub in S.C. // CED;Aug2012, p8
The article reports on the innovative approach taken by cable operator Time Warner Cable Inc. to its hub in Summerville, South Carolina, which groups services together into pods.
- What $200 Buys a TWC 'Signature' Sub. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p24
The article reports on the launch of white-glove customer service package Signature Home from Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Sub Losses Whack Cable Firms. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p3
The article reports on the dismal performance of cable companies in the U.S. Industry leader Comcast reported 65,000 basic-customer losses, losing 11% of its stock price on October 25, 2007. Other publicly traded cable companies also reported across-the-board basic subscriber losses in the third...
- Comcast Pops Into Time Warner Cable-Charter Drama. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/22/2013, p00
The article reports on the all-time high record of stocks of cable telecommunication company Time Warner Cable Inc. amid issues that cable television provider Charter Communication Inc. is planning to make a formal acquisition offer. The record also emerged amid plans of Comcast Corp. to...
- Cable Stocks Lose That Consolidation Feeling. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p45
The article discusses the decline of consolidation trend in cable television industry and its impact on stock prices of cable television firms. The topics discussed include closing of merger deal between mass media firm Comcast and Time Warner Cable (TWC), the views of Craig Moffett, a senior...
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- The Future of Cable's Independent Voices. Gutstein, Chad // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p31
In this article, the author expresses his views on dropping of the television network Ovation from the channel line-up of Time Warner Cable Inc. He mentions that Time Warner Cable's chairman has claimed that cable companies need to take severe measures on elevating programming costs. He adds...
- TALES From the Trenches. Spangler, Todd; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p40
The article discusses the job of cable technicians, focusing on challenges they find in their work. Several stories are told of various situations technicians have found themselves in. The technicians in Anchorage, Alaska, have to deal with moose and big dogs as occupational hazards. A Time...