Roberts Is Not Eager to Take on Debt
- Roberts' rules of order. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
Profiles Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of a U.S.-based cable operator company Comcast Corp. Description of Roberts' personality; Business acumen of Roberts; Closeness of Roberts with his father; Ethics and values of Roberts.
- Brian Roberts, Comcast. Aaron, Craig // Progressive;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 78 Issue 7/8, p39
The article discusses the governance and corporate monopoly of chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts of cable company and Internet service provider Comcast Corp.
- Comcast Chief Gets a Salute. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;11/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p51
The article reports on the recognition received by Comcast for its initiative to promote diversity in the workplace. Four to six times a year, Comcast's Diversity Council meets to review what has gone right and what needs to change when it comes to ensuring diversity at the 74,000-employee...
- FROM THE PIPE. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Considers the views of Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of Comcast, on the communications technology industry. His plans for the company; Position of Roberts on the idea of free-cash flow; Attendance at the 2003 Western Show in Anaheim, California.
- Comcasts's Roberts bows out of key board duties. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 29, p17
Announces the decision of Comcast Corp. CEO Brian Roberts to abstain from all governance activities as result to rising stockholders' complaints in the U.S. Campaign launched by a group of labor unions against the company; Citation of the voting control held by Roberts in the company; Question...
- Roberts on '09 -- And Beyond. // Multichannel News;12/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p12
The article features the message of cable firm Comcast Corp.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts regarding its merger with NBC Universal Inc. (NBCU) in the U.S. He believes that the move would help the firm compete, innovate and meet clients expectations. Moreover, he mentions that the...
- Roberts: Cable, Baby Bells Share Concerns. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p10
Focuses on the speech by Comcast Corp. chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, delivered to the U.S. Telecom Association in Las Vegas, Nevada in October 2004, which deals with the excessive regulation of cable shares. Information on the plan of House and Senate leaders to revise the Telecommunications...
- What Roberts Said: Move Beyond TV. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p20
The article talks about the goals of Comcast Corp. which were revealed by CEO Brian Roberts at the Citigroup Entertainment, Media and Telecommunications Conference in Phoenix, Arizona. According to Roberts, Comcast expects to have 8 million phone subscribers by 2010 to match the 8.1 million...
- Mystery Solved. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p8
Deals with a report on the plan of Comcast to hire a content czar as of November 2003. Description of an illustration included in the report, illustrating CEO Brian Roberts and a slightly shorter man whose face was blanked out with a question mark; Details of the mystery man in the picture.