Nick, Marriott Open a Resort
- Tennis Channel, anyone? Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p16
Reports the partnership agreement between the Tennis Channel and the affiliate sales team of Comedy Central in the U.S. Negotiation on the system-level deals and marketing; Views of chief executive David Meister on the deal; Details on the distribution independents of Comedy Central.
- A Cable Channel That Guests Want. // Lodging Hospitality;Jul2000, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the advantages of the implementation of Home Box Office cable channel to the hospitality business of Best Value Inn. Customer satisfaction on the installation of the cable channel; Information on several proprietary HBO programs.
- IFC brings SXSW pics to home auds. Stinson, Liz // Daily Variety;3/9/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the partnership of the Independent Film Channel (IFC) and South by Southwest Film Conference and Festival (SXSW) to bring the festival movies to cable viewers in the U.S.
- Bringing the World to Local TV. Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;2000 Supplement Network to the, Vol. 130 Issue 23, p18A
Focuses on the reciprocal news agreements between the Cable News Network (CNN) Newsource and its affiliates in the United States. Context of the agreements; Details on the transmission of news feeds; Comments of CNN Newsource Sales Inc. president Susan Grant on the agreement; Implications for...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 38, p32
Reports developments related to television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2001. Partnership between Microsoft Corp. and Chyron Corp. for the development of a computer software; Deployment of OpenTV interactive software in DISH Network set-top boxes; Selection of VertigoXmedia...
- NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 31, p30
The article explores the distribution of the National Football League (NFL), which television partners are set to air the final season of their current rights contract that will see ESPN, Fox, CBS and NBC paying a combined 3 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. NFL suffered a ratings decline in 2012,...
- NBC Seeking Pax & Harmony. Consoli, John; Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;03/20/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the partnership of National Broadcasting Corp. and Pax TV. Failure of the partners to detail how their relationship would work in the market; Concerns over its effectiveness; Outlook of digital distribution.
- Promote more, preempt less. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;06/11/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p44
Reports the assertion of UPN television network executives to prioritize the network rather than syndication shows in the United States. Encouragement for affiliates to promote the network; Formulation of cross-promotion plans with cable networks; Partnership of UPN with FX cable TV network in...
- UPN, Endemol link up for 'Chains' gamer. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 56, p3
Reports the partnership of Endemol Entertainment with television network UPN for the telecast of the program 'Chains of Love' in the United States. Plot of the relationship game program; Reason of NBC network for backing out of the deal with Endemol; Schedule for the broadcast of the series.