Cox Pedals for 'Pivot'
- Lance Bracelets Winners on Tour. Meyer, Nancy; Zeveloff, Julie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/26/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 17, p2
Deals with the success of the Lance Armstrong Live Strong bracelets fund-raising, a partnership between Nike and Lance Armstrong Foundation for young people with cancer, during the Tour de France in July 2004. Number of wristbands sold by the foundation; Donation of Nike to the foundation; U.S....
- Pedal to Paris. // GP: General Practitioner;9/15/2003, p2
Surrey GP Dr. Nick Sheldon raised over Â£450 on a charity bike ride to Paris, France, in aid of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. More than 200 cyclists joined the ride from Greenwich's National Maritime Museum, ending four days later at the Arc du Triomphe.
- The Rough Rider Lance Armstrong. Mraz, Michael // Men's Vogue;Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p96
The article features U.S. cyclist Lance Armstrong. He retired from road cycling in 2005 after winning his record-breaking seventh straight Tour de France. Armstrong trained in Aspen, Colorado for a 100-mile mountain bicycle race up the Rockies called the Leadville Trail 100. The Lance Armstrong...
- What's new. Jordan, Hannah // Third Sector;4/23/2008, p7
The article offers news briefs related to fundraising campaigns in Great Britain. The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) looks for participants for the 2008 Big Bike Race on June 27-29, 2008 in Newcastle, Sussex, and Cardiff. The Sue Ryder Care's Great Pan Amnesty...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Tavis Smiley Hosts Celebrity Benefit Gala For His National Foundation. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p14
Discusses a celebrity benefit called 'Salute to Youth Leadership' to support the Tavis Smiley Foundation.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.
- NHBR about town. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p15
Photographs of several notable people in New Hampshire who attended different fund raising events and received various awards from organizations in the state are presented.