- DirecTV Adds Additional Mexican Programming. // Satellite Today;10/19/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 203, pN.PAG
This article reports on the Sur Mexico television channel launched by DirecTV, a provider of direct-to-home satellite television services, in association with Sur Corp., as of October 2005. The channel offers regional network programming from Mexico. Sur Mexico, launching later this fall, will...
- DirecTV's $7,500 Plan. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p2
Focuses on the plan of DirecTV to launch the elite Titanium program package, a service targeted at the affluent TV audiences who want all the programming that a satellite provider has to offer. Budget allocated for the service; Comparison between the Titanium package and the packages offered by...
- Anadin Ultra to back Ramsay reality show. Grimshaw, Colin // Marketing (00253650);4/28/2004, p8
Anadin Ultra is to sponsor Channel 4's Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, which starts this week, as part of a Â£5m marketing investment this year. Owner Wyeth Consumer Healthcare wants to make the premium-priced product, which takes the form of fast-acting liquid-filled capsules, the flagship...
- Boxed Out. Dickson, Glen; Eggerton, John; Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the American Samoa region's application for a direct television coupon program has been delayed due to the failure of its residents to comply with regulations set by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA). The NTIA requires applicants to have...
- EXPATS IN U.K. GET A TASTE OF HOME. de Jager, Christelle // Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 8, p21
Focuses on the television programs that will be aired by NSat, a Sky TV satellite channel. Potential audiences of NSat in Great Britain; Deadline for the free-viewing promotion of NSat; Future plans of NSat.
- U.S. auds land Link to world perspective. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;7/21/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 9, p8
Comments on the programming strategy of World Link TV, a satellite television network run by a nonprofit organization that provides U.S. audiences with global perspectives on news, events and culture. Television programs it features; Brief history of the organization.
- DirecTV dumps Here. // Advocate;1/31/2006, Issue 955, p17
The article focuses on the decision of satellite television provider DirecTV to make the gay channel Here TV accessible for only 12 hours a week and on a pay-per-view basis. DirecTV issued a statement saying that the transaction is only a business decision.
- DirecTV Offers English Language News Channel From India. // Satellite Today;11/30/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 231, pN.PAG
This article reports on the announcement by direct-to-home satellite television service provider DirecTV that it has added DTV 24X7, an English language news channel from India that covers regional and national developments in Indian politics, as part of the its Hindidirect programming package....
- TO KNOW LIST 4: A plan only a (remote) control freak could love. Elkin, Seth // Sporting News;7/21/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 29, p5
This article reviews the DirecTV Titanium television package. For $7,500 a year, users can obtain every program that airs on the satellite television service, including every out-of-market sports event, every pay-per-view movie and channel, and every regional sports network. The package is...