HBO Closes on CEO -- From Inside
- HBO's Albrecht: Theatricals Still Rule. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p66
Reports that Home Box Office Inc.'s chairman and chief executive officer Chris Albrecht has attributed the channel's success to its theatrical movies. Role of movies in retention of viewers; Significant distribution deals of the network; Plans of the network to introduce two series of programs.
- HBO's Albrecht in vanguard of programmers. Griffiths, John // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA4
Features Home Box Office cable television network's chief executive officer Chris Albrecht. Job responsibilities; Business strategies; Personal information. INSET: VANGUARD AWARD WINNERS.
- Views from the executive suite. // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p26
Presents views of several executives of the cable television channel Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. on its contribution to the evolution of television. Statement of the channel's chairman and chief executive officer Chris Albrecht on it providing an alternative to the network paradigm; Comments of...
- The hunt for hits. Bart, Peter // Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the need for Home Box Office (HBO) to develop new television programs as its hit shows start their final season in January 2003. Success of the HBO television program 'The Sopranos'; Statement issued by HBO executive Chris Albrecht; Sources of revenue for HBO.
- SERIES OF SUCCESSES. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p36
Reports on the domination of Home Box Office Inc. in the 2003 Emmy Awards in the U.S. Views of chief executive officer Chris Albrecht on the cabler's success; List of the programs nominated; Factors contributing to the success of the cable network.
- HBO'S BOLDEST THOROUGHBRED. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;3/18/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 11, p59
Profiles Chris Albrecht, president of original programming for Home Box Office (HBO). Awards won by HBO; Albrecht's unique method in picking content; Participation of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg in HBO projects.
- `Sopranos' heavy shakes down more hits. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p56
Profiles Chris Albrecht, president of programming of United States-based cable television network Home Box Office (HBO). Career background; Achievements; Television programs produced by Albrecht for HBO. INSET: A comic's friend.
- HBO Sets Record For Emmy Noms. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the nominations earned by cable television network HBO for its television programs in the 2004 Emmy Awards. Comparison of the number of nominations of cable programs and broadcast; Information on the television programs that landed in best series categories; Statement issued by HBO...
- HBO brass bullish... Zeitchik, Steven; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/13/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 72, p1
The article reports on the press conference of Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo, the newly-appointed executives of U.S.-based cable television company Home Box Office Inc. The executives "walked" the fine line between lamenting the loss of chief executive Chris Albrecth and maintaining that...