- Affirmative Action Foe Ward Connerly Takes Barbs At Truman State. // Jet;4/14/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 14, p10
The article focuses on affirmative action opponent Ward Connerly and his efforts in Missouri to promote a ballot initiative that would ban the consideration of race in public hiring and college admissions. The article reports that Connerly's comments at Truman State University received mixed...
- Yes: Reverse discrimination serves no one. Graglia, Lino A. // ABA Journal;May95, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p40
Debates the issue on whether or not affirmative action has outlived its usefulness in the United States. Affirmation action as a euphemism for reverse discrimination in employment; Role of affirmative action in controversies affecting society; Prescription for polarization and conflict.
- Affirming opportunity. Wilson, William Julius // American Prospect;Sep/Oct99, Issue 46, p61
Focuses on the need to retain race-based affirmative action programs in the United States. Proposal of economic class-based affirmative action programs; Conservatives' opposition to affirmative action; Increasing of public support for policies through race-based programs.
- Retelling the Story of Affirmative Action: Reflections on a Decade of Federal Jurisprudence in the Public Workplace. Day, John Cocchi // California Law Review;Jan2001, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p59
Examines the federal jurisprudence on public employment affirmative action programs in the United States. Trends in the discussion of affirmative action in federal courts; Evaluation of several Supreme Court decisions on public employment affirmative action; Factors which should be considered...
- Affirmative-Action Face-Off. Cohen, Adam // Time;8/2/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on Florida Republicans' resistance to businessman Ward Connerly's petition drive for a referendum barring racial quotas in hiring, contracting and school admissions. Connerly's motives; Other states where he has promoted similar referendums; Republican Governor Jeb Bush's rationale for...
- PROFESSOR LORCH REPLIES. Lorcu, Barbara R. // American Sociologist;Feb74, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p45
The article presents a letter from Professor Lorch explaining about his article on reverse discrimination. The primary thrust of the article had to do with the extent of reverse discrimination. He also pointed out the illegality of reverse discrimination, but it was not my intention to turn this...
- Who'd drive the Zamboni? Cockburn, Lyn // Herizons;Spring94, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p39
Comments on an equity advertisement in Ontario which discriminated against white males. Prohibition on white males on applying for a senior civil service job; Unfairness of affirmative action.
- Workplace Matters. Greenwald, Joel J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
The article presents a question and answer advisory related to legal aspect of reverse discrimination in employment. Reverse discrimination are discriminatory policies or acts benefiting a group which has historically been the victim of discrimination. These acts or policies are against the...
- VOICES. Coghill, Yvonne // Nursing Standard;1/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p26
Yvonne Coghill explains why positive action is not the same as discrimination.