- `Charge it up!' directory on WWW. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Aug97, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p8
Presents information a nationwide directory of electric-vehicle (EV) charging locations, which is available on the World Wide Web. Information on the establishment of the directory; Contents of the directory.
- Birmingham charges up electric cars. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7796, p12
The article reports on the unveiling of Birmingham's first four of 36 public charging points for electric cars as part of the CABLED project.
- Utilities gear for electric vehicles. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the mandatory planning for funding refueling and service facilities for low-emission vehicles (LEVs) and zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) of California's largest utilities. Increase in number of LEVs; Required number of ZEVs.
- California still committed to electric cars. // National Petroleum News;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the United States auto manufacturer's effort to influence California in delaying the mandate for electric vehicle scheduled for 1998. Comment by California Air Resources Board; Date for the CARB's decision on whether technology has advanced sufficiently to proceed with the 1998 goal;...
- CAP adds consistency to electric vehicle RVs. Tonkin, Ian // Motor Transport;3/29/2010, p8
The article informs that a new set of criteria has been unveiled by CAP of Great Britain, that electric vehicles (EV) must satisfy to certify for future residual value forecasts.
- Electric blues. Gillespie, Nick // Reason;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the drawbacks of using electric cars. Unpredictable viability of electric vehicles; Major barriers including battery problems, gaps in infrastructure and uncertain safety; Environmental consequences of mass producing batteries for electric cars.
- The EVs are coming! Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the status of electric-powered vehicles. Cancellation of the 1998 two percent requirements; General Motors' development of a prototype; Automobile research.
- Scientists tell CARB EV deadline unfeasible. // Ward's Auto World;Nov95, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the introduction of electric vehicles in the United States. Testimony of four scientists indicating that suitable batteries would not be available until the year 2001 or 2001; Feasibility of air quality regulation; Extension of deadline beyond 1998.
- Invasion of the CityBees. // Popular Mechanics;Feb96, Vol. 173 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the creation of the CityBee, a two-seater car which runs on electric charge by a Norwegian consortium. Why car was built; Cost of vehicle; Features and description of car.
- Electric vehicle development. Hadley, Fred // Technology Teacher;Nov94, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on electric vehicle development. Background history; Research and development efforts; Problems encountered in electric vehicle development; Technological innovations; Social and cultural issues; Contemporary analysis.