Manifolds get new route
- Automated assembly market to reach $4.5 billion by 2002. // Control Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p3
Forecasts an increase in demand for automated assembly systems and related subsystems in North America through 2002, according to a market study by Advanced Technology Advisors entitled `North American Market Demand for Automated Assembly Systems.' Manufacturing sectors that are expected to...
- Lean machines shrink the assembly line. Lewis, John // Design News;8/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p96
Presents information on the design of assembly systems. Information on systems with learner structures and tooling that integrate with PC and serial I/O technology; Comments from Ken Moore, plant manager at Chrysler Corporation; How maintenance and downtime can be reduced. INSET: 5 rules of...
- Assembly-by-forming rates double. // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p20
Discusses about the Injected Metal Assembly (IMA) systems developed by the Fisher Gauge Limited. How the IMA systems work; How the IMA technology eliminates machining and finishing operations.
- Be Forewarned. Hamburg, Lisa // Circuits Assembly;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the need for improvements in assembly businesses of Mexico to compete with those in China. Strategies adopted by Singapore to reinvent its assembly businesses; Introduction of products in Mexico with engineering changes in their design and development.
- Indexing rotary table is a pressing business. // Design Engineering;Feb99, p47
Features P.J. Hare's rotary table press used to assemble bearing cages. Index time of the machine; Difference from standard presses; Key specifications.
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul96, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p72
Presents metal-working and assembling machines from several manufacturers. Includes ball bearing bushing die sets; Compact in-die tapping system; Hydraulic single-column drawing press.
- Better Ways to Find Stress in Assemblies. Wallander, Ben // Machine Design;09/09/99, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p70
Discusses the different proven methods of assembly analysis, one of the most complex techniques for predicting how multicomponent structures will perform. Common-mesh technique; Node-to-node assembly analysis technique; Node-to-surface technique; Surface-to-surface technique. INSET: Guidelines...
- Fastening & assembly. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p201
Features several fastening and assembly equipment and supplies. Screws, nuts and blots; Dowels; Inserts; Clamps. INSET: IWF '96 challengers award entries..
- TOP 10 ARF ASSEMBLY TIPS: PREFLIGHT PREP. Reid, John // Model Airplane News;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p28
Presents ways to assemble model airplanes effectively. Method to remove wrinkles on the covering; Areas that should be given focus while checking glue joints; Ways to reinforce screw holes in wood.