Testers ensure CNG valve safety
- Problems of CNG Stations. // Economic Review (05318955);Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p63
Focuses on the development of compressed natural gas (CNG) for automobiles in Pakistan. Number of planned CNG stations to be established by the government; Obstacles in promoting the environment-friendly fuelling system in the country; Policies governing the establishment of CNG.
- Volvo, BMW sell CNG cars in Europe. Norris, Ian // Automotive Industries;May96, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the sale of cars adapted to run on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), by Volvo and BMW in European markets. Description of Volvo's and BMW's CNG vehicles; Information on the number of CNG filling stations in United Kingdom; Cost of the CNG conversion; How companies view the CNG variants.
- New fuels drive automotive future. Wallace, Ed // Business Press;5/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Opinion. Discusses new fuels which drive automotive future. Electric cars; Compressed natural gas; Hydrogen fuel cells; Hybrid electric.
- Rail-mounted CNG fuel systems unveiled. // Fleet Owner Blog;3/22/2012, p12
The article previews a new line of rail-mounted compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel systems from Agility Fuel Systems.
- Alternative fuels are taking off. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;06/04/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the sales growth of alternative automobile fuels such as the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and compressed natural gas (CNG) in Europe. Automobile companies that promote the use of alternative fuels for automobiles; Sales potential of LPG cars; Comparison of LPG and CNG; Attitude of...
- Yellow cabs go green. Caperonis, Daphna // Natural Health;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p26
Reports on Yellow Cab Co. President Marco Henry's replacement of his taxis with Honda Civic GXs, powered by compressed natural gas (CNG). Environmental impact of carbon monoxide released by automobiles' conventional fuel; Federal incentives of using CNG; Performance of automobiles using CNG.
- DOE, Gas utilities join forces with consumer CNG auto. // National Petroleum News;Dec94, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the compact compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle developed by John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Comparison with a comparable gasoline car; Emissions level; Tank design; Advanced Natural Gas Vehicle (ANGV); Major sponsors.
- The Long Road For Natural Gas Vehicles. White, Bill // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p88
The article focuses on the obstacles facing the growth of compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles in the U.S. market. It mentions that though the global market for natural gas vehicles has been growing, there hasn't been much growth in the U.S. It highlights the key factors limiting the deployment...
- Switching to CNG: 8 things to know. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;10/12/2015, p1
The article discusses the things to know in terms of compressed natural gas (CNG) transitions for heavy trucks. These considerations include quality of CNG fuel, creating a diesel-like experience and importance of planning for a maintenance call. Also mentioned is the CNG Industry Leaders Forum...