Car wars: The battle for auto electronics
- 1995 electronics outlook. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Dec94, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p76
Presents an outlook of the automotive electronics market for 1995. Increase in the use of multiplexing technology; Semiconductors; Other major components.
- In Japan, car buyers put navigation devices at the top of their list. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;9/16/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5678, p3
Reports on the use of electronic navigation systems in automobiles marketed in Japan. Demand for navigation systems; Concerns from American automobile manufacturers.
- New devices keep you from getting lost. Pargh, Andy; Harbaugh, Dave // Design News;5/8/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p160
Focuses on automobile navigation systems. Features; Applications; Technological innovations.
- Under-hood electronics aid engine performance. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;7/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p14
Reveals that installing engine electronics under the vehicular hood rather than in the passenger compartment could enhance engine efficiency and reduce nitrous oxide exhaust. Applications; Simplification of electric wiring; Program for joint research.
- What's new. // Ward's Auto World;Oct94, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p86
Reports on developments in the automotive electronics supplies industry. Gerber Garment Technology's automatic spreading machine for material handling; Atlas Electric Devices' Xenon Arc Weather-Ometer for product durability testing; Lumonics/Camarillo Operations' LightWriter laser marking...
- Crowding it all in. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct94, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p93
Reports on the challenge of integrating electronic equipment and its complex wiring systems into future vehicles. Samples of electronic equipment; Possible easing of packaging and wiring requirements by new instrument-panel technology and software.
- New devices keep you from getting lost. Pargh, Andy; Harbaugh, Dave // Design News;10/9/95, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p288
Highlights the development of car navigation systems. Features of the system; High initial price; Examples of units from various developers. INSET: Tech trivia..
- Reliability has become concern as in-vehicle electronics proliferate. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;3/10/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6028, p16B
Reports on a panel discussion of automobile electronics at the 2003 SAE World Congress held in Detroit, Michigan. Need for the automobile industry to adopt common electrical architectures with re-programmable software; Provision of electrical parts and service for vehicles no longer in...
- One more time around the block. O'Malley, Chris; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Jan97, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p37
Discusses two car navigation systems, BMW's On-Board Navigation System and Nissan's BirdView system. Details on the workings of BMW's system; Performance; Problems; Availability; How BirdView works; Performance; Availability.
- Market hits overdrive. Taninecz, George // Industry Week/IW;9/18/95, Vol. 244 Issue 17, p33
Reports on the effect of emissions legislation, consumer and competitive pressures for more safety, security and convenience features in automotive electronics. Increase in demand for powertrain controls and driver information technologies; Includes heads-up displays and collision warning systems.