Car wars: The battle for auto electronics
- 1995 electronics outlook. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Dec94, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p76
Presents an outlook of the automotive electronics market for 1995. Increase in the use of multiplexing technology; Semiconductors; Other major components.
- In Japan, car buyers put navigation devices at the top of their list. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;9/16/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5678, p3
Reports on the use of electronic navigation systems in automobiles marketed in Japan. Demand for navigation systems; Concerns from American automobile manufacturers.
- New devices keep you from getting lost. Pargh, Andy; Harbaugh, Dave // Design News;5/8/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p160
Focuses on automobile navigation systems. Features; Applications; Technological innovations.
- Under-hood electronics aid engine performance. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;7/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p14
Reveals that installing engine electronics under the vehicular hood rather than in the passenger compartment could enhance engine efficiency and reduce nitrous oxide exhaust. Applications; Simplification of electric wiring; Program for joint research.
- What's new. // Ward's Auto World;Oct94, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p86
Reports on developments in the automotive electronics supplies industry. Gerber Garment Technology's automatic spreading machine for material handling; Atlas Electric Devices' Xenon Arc Weather-Ometer for product durability testing; Lumonics/Camarillo Operations' LightWriter laser marking...
- Crowding it all in. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct94, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p93
Reports on the challenge of integrating electronic equipment and its complex wiring systems into future vehicles. Samples of electronic equipment; Possible easing of packaging and wiring requirements by new instrument-panel technology and software.
- New devices keep you from getting lost. Pargh, Andy; Harbaugh, Dave // Design News;10/9/95, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p288
Highlights the development of car navigation systems. Features of the system; High initial price; Examples of units from various developers. INSET: Tech trivia..
- Reliability has become concern as in-vehicle electronics proliferate. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;3/10/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6028, p16B
Reports on a panel discussion of automobile electronics at the 2003 SAE World Congress held in Detroit, Michigan. Need for the automobile industry to adopt common electrical architectures with re-programmable software; Provision of electrical parts and service for vehicles no longer in...
- One more time around the block. O'Malley, Chris; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Jan97, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p37
Discusses two car navigation systems, BMW's On-Board Navigation System and Nissan's BirdView system. Details on the workings of BMW's system; Performance; Problems; Availability; How BirdView works; Performance; Availability.
- Electronics. // Automotive News;4/4/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5545, p32
Reports on the increase in world automotive electronic sales for 1993 according to BIS Strategic Decisions. Percentage breakdown of the automotive electronic companies' market share for 1992.