The implications of hybrids
- Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p170
The article reports that four Freightliner Business Class M2 106 Hybrid trucks have been added by the Denver Fleet Management Division as replacements for the older units that were part of the city's fleet of vehicles.
- Classroom on wheels. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p55
Reports on the 1995 Hybrid Electric Vehicle Challenge held in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Combination of electric propulsion system with internal combustion engines; Carmakers' search for young talents.
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Exposing hybrid vehicles. Prellwitz, John // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/4/2010, p7
The article presents a blog on hybrid electric vehicles.
- Correction. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p4
A correction to the article "The Hybrid Phenomenon," by Norma Carr-Ruffino and John Acheson that was published in the July-August 2007 issue is presented.
- Selling hybrid, low polluting cars. // In Business;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Announces that Toyota Motor Corporation would be the first company to sell a low polluting hybrid vehicle that would have both an electric motor and a gasoline engine. Capability of the hybrid vehicles; Cost of the hybrid vehicles.
- Parallel hybrid drive partnership. // Fleet Owner;Aug2009, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that ZF Friedrichshafen AG and ISE Corp. have partnered to provide a parallel-electric hybrid drive systems and components in the U.S.
- China offers subsidy for hybrid cars users. // Asian Pacific Post;2/19/2009, p20
The article reports that the government of China will introduce special subsidies to companies and institutions that use hybrid vehicles like the electric and fuel cell cars.
- Hybrid Vehicle Simulation for a Turbogenerator-Based Power-Train. Leontopoulos, C; Etemad, M R; Pullen, K R; Lamperth, M U // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;1998, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p357
The potential of the turbogenerator-based power-train for hybrid vehicles is described. Data from a small gas turbine, a prototype high-speed generator and an advanced lead-acid battery pack show that the `turboelectric' concept is feasible and can provide a viable road transport solution which...