Hotels With Heart
- Jewel-Osco provides 4,000 holiday meals to Chicago families in need. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;12/7/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 48, p1
The article features the 30-thousand dollar donation of Jewel-Osco, a Midwest grocery and pharmaceutical retailer, together with Frito Lay and Pepsi, in order to provide about 4,000 meals to needy families in Chicago during the holiday season. Jewel-Osco invited Black on Black Love, Lathrop...
- Grassroots giving shows 'good works'. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;12/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p72
The article reports on the connection of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to its customers and people in need with pharmacists, nurses and other health professionals through its grassroots community outreach campaigns and charitable events in cities and towns in North America. An estimated amount of 17...
- A Philosophy of Philanthropy. Nepper, Will // Pest Management Professional;Sep2012, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p113
The article focuses on the partnership between Environmental Science (ES) and Global Prairie since November 2011. It says that ES has teamed up with Global Prairie due to the agency's core philosophy of philanthropy and its commitment to develop a synergistic relationship based on the value of...
- Are you involved in any outreach services/charitable organizations in your community? If so, why and how do you participate? // Kids Today;May2008, p22
The article highlights the participation of the children's apparel industry in any outreach services or charities in the U.S. Ali Wing of Giggle notes the donation of their store openings to Saint Jude's Children's Hospital which serves as their national partner. Phil Wrzesinski of Toy House...
- Shangri-La's CSR activities with meeting offerings. // MICE Talk;Jan2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives offered by Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts properties for meeting and events organizers worldwide.
- HOTELS WITH HEART. Korn, Irene // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p35
The article highlights views from various hotel managers on their responsibilities and top priorities. Nancy J. Wilson, president of Meeting Strategies Worldwide, discusses the complexity between the interest in the environment and corporate responsibility. Jo Licata, community projects manager...
- Assembly line produces happy holiday. // Corporate Citizen Magazine;Apr2011, Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the partnership of Toyota Production System Support Center manager Kevin Thornberry and his employees with the Saint Vincent de Paul Outreach Center in Cincinnati, Ohio to distribute Thanksgiving baskets they have packed together for 1,000 needy families.
- Heroes. // Hotel & Motel Management;03/06/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 4, p36
Presents updates on the charitable activities of hotels in the United States, as of March 6, 2000. Includes Boston Properties' donation to the Thurgood Marshall Center for Service and Heritage in Washington, D.C.; Inn of the Anasazi hotel's donation of school supplies to area schools in Santa...
- Help for Small Meetings. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p23
Provides the services provided by major domestic hotel companies for small meetings in the U.S. Room rates of Crowne Plaza Hotels; Approach of sales representatives at Fairmont Hotels; Sales contact of Hyatt Hotels for small meeting planner.