- Getting Credit. Hilliard, Tyra W. // Association Meetings;Feb2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p32
The article explains the inclusion of group charges on the master bill of a meeting planner when booking hotel rooms. Information is presented on the potential consequence of a denied credit application. It is important for meeting planners to be prepared with checks, high- or no-limit credit...
- Cheque mates. Corrigan, Majella // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2005, Issue 6, p82
Focuses on the impact of merchant charges for using credit card on checks in Australia. Range of debit tax charged on any account with a checkbook that was abolished in New South Wales in 2002; Decrease in the value of daily check transactions in 2004; Reason behind the decision of the Reserve...
- EXPERT OPINIONS. Hendricks, Evan // Crain's New York Business;12/5/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p39
The article presents the author's opinion on how to increase credit score. First, get credit reports and scores at www.annualcreditreport.com. Reports are free; actual scores require a payment. To raise the score, pay credit and charge card bills on time and avoid collection actions. Next, one...
- Credit cards OK for bail. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p4
Orange County in New York has joined 40 other counties in the state that accept credit cards for payment of bail. The program allows defendants to post bail 24 hours a day, every day of the week. The service is free to the county and is run though Government Payment services.
- Free or fee? Frary, Mark // Business Travel World;Oct 2004 Supplement, p22
Discusses the hidden charges for users of various corporate credit cards. Annual fees; Charges for delayed payments; Cost of basic management information provided by credit card companies.
- CREDIT CARD CHARGEOFFS REMAIN NEAR ALL-TIME LOWS. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p19
The article reports on the chargeoff rate of card receivables of credit card issuers in the U.S. in March 2006, according to Standard & Poor's Credit Card Quality Index. The increase in chargeoff rate in terms of basis points is mentioned. The percentage of increase in delinquency rates is...
- Skip-Payment Fees. McLain, Michael // Credit Union Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p76
Discusses U.S. courts' disagreement on whether so-called skip-payment fees are part of the credit card finance charge. Interpretation of Truth in Lending requirements; Exclusion of the term "overlimit fee" as a finance charge under the U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Regulation Z; U.S. Congress'...
- Planner View: Argentina from an Insider. Rowe, Megan // Association Meetings;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 16, p54
Gives advice to U.S.-based meeting planners on organizing international meetings in Argentina. Importance of building a relationship with a local meeting planner; Use of credit cards instead of dollars as payment; Recreational sites.
- No Credit, Where Credit Is Due. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Oct99, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p48
Discusses the factors that could lead to the rejection of a credit card application. Paying late fees; Maintaining several credit cards.