Network and Learn with Global Colleagues in Seattle
- Inside INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p84
An outstanding education program has been planned for the Institute's Certified Financial Planners (CFP), Practitioners Retreat '96. This year's event, to be held between July 10-14, 1996 at Grand Traverse Resort. Traverse City, Michigan, will feature some of the most distinguished experts in...
- Co-Sponsors for Conference. // Practical Accountant;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 40, p8
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association and the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) of Standards Inc. will be sponsoring the 2007 Program Directors Conference which will be held on September in Seattle, Washington. The Program Directors offers educational courses for...
- Changes Coming for CE Credit. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p28
The article reports on the changes made to the continuing education requirements for financial planners approved by the leadership of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.
- The Elephant Speaks Up. Evensky, Harold // Financial Planning;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p42
Reveals the views of the chairman of the United States Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards on the evolution of the financial planning profession. Web site of CFP; Initial vision of the board; Mission and power of CFP.
- Ideals, yes; standards, no. Taylor, Nigel B. // Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p256
Opinion. Opposes the US Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards' proposed practice standards for certified financial planners (CFP). Possible negative effect of proposed CFP standards on CFP licensees and non-licensees; Question of whether the CRP Board usurps the authority of other...
- CFP Board Allows Wirehouse Advisors to Call Themselves Fee-Only on Its Website. Marsh, Ann // Financial-planning.com;9/19/2013, p9
The article reports that the Certified Financial Planner(CFP) Board allows some 486 advisors to call themselves fee-only advisors on the CFP Board web site, which some CFP Board members labelled as violation of board's rules. Topics discussed include the CFP Board contending with controversy...
- Raising the CFP Profile. Corbin, Kenneth // Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p41
An interview with Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards' (CFPBS) chief executive officer (CEO) Kevin Keller is presented. He explains the goal of the public-awareness campaign launched by the CFPBS. He talks about the biggest misconceptions about the CFPBS credential. He also discusses...
- Designation Fatigue? Britton, Diana // REP.;Nov2013, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on the WealthManagement.com's 2013 AdvisorBenchmarking RIA Trend Report which found that fewer advisors are pursuing or holding designations. The survey reviewed 381 registered investment advisors and found that number of advisors pursuing the Certified Financial Planner...
- CFP board offering new designations. // Practical Accountant;Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the plans of the United States Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards to institute accreditation programs for companies and firms providing financial planning services. Entry-level designation for financial planners; Concern about number of people entering the profession.