Allelic deletion of the MEN1 gene in duodenal gastrin and somatostatin cell neoplasms and their precursor lesions
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Kusakcioglu, Oznur; Heffernon, Elmer W. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1967, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p110
Presents clinical information on the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Symptoms associated with the syndrome; Incidence of the coexistence of adrenal medullary tumors and peptic ulcer; Pathological description of a case of a patient with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p1017
A definition of the term "Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome" is presented. It refers to a disease characterized by the development of a tumor (gastrinoma) or tumors that secrete excessive levels of gastrin, a hormone that stimulates production of acid by the stomach. In most cases, the tumor or tumors...
- Giant gastrinoma in a patient with multiple endocrine adenopathy (type 1). Vella, M. A.; Gorsuch, A. N.; Cowie, A. G. A.; Watson, L. C. A. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun1988, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p359
The article presents a case of a 36 year-old white female who had a multiple endocrine adenopathy Type-1 and undergone a gastrectomy because of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. The occurrence of endocrine adenopathy in patient is commonly associated with pancreatic islet cell tumor. In using gastrin...
- SHOULD THE 1996 CITATION FOR ZOLLINGER- ELLISON SYNDROME READ: "ACID-REDUCING SURGERY IN, AGGRESSIVE RESECTION OUT"? Jensen, Robert T. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1996, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p1067
Reviews several studies on Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (ZES). Treatment of the gastric hyper section in patients with ZES; Controversy over the use of surgery directed against gastrinoma; Evolution of the treatment of gastric acid hyper section and the gastrinoma in patients with ZES.
- Unusual imaging appearances of pancreatic serous cystadenoma: correlation with surgery and pathologic analysis. Takeshita, K.; Kutomi, K.; Takada, K.; Kohtake, H.; Furui, S.; Takada, T.; Fukushima, J. // Abdominal Imaging;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p610
Background: We describe imaging and pathologic features of serous cystadenoma of the pancreas on multislice helical computed tomography CT (MS-CT) and surgical resection. Methods: Radiologic and pathologic features were analyzed in five patients. All patients underwent MS-CT and digital...
- 14th International workshop on multiple endocrine neoplasia and other rare endocrine tumors. // Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift;Aug2014 Supplement, Vol. 126, p139
The article offers information on the 14th International Workshop on Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia and Other Rare Endocrine Tumors to be held on September 25-27, 2014 in Vienna, Austria.
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 4 (MEN4) Syndrome. Şimşir, Ilgın Yıldırım; Ertan, Yeşim; Sözbilen, Murat; Makay, Özer; Erdoğan, Mehmet; Çetinkalp, Şevki; Saygılı, L. Füsun; Yılmaz, Candeğer; Berdeli, Afig; Özgen, A. Gökhan // Journal of Clinical Research in Pediatric Endocrinology;2015 Supplement, Vol. 7, p44
An abstract of the article "Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 4 (MEN4) Syndrome," by IlgÄ±n YÄ±ldÄ±rÄ±m ÅžimÅŸir and colleagues is presented.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Moore, Andrew Robert; Varro, Andrea; Pritchard, Mark // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is characterised by severe, recurrent peptic ulceration, gastro-oesophageal reflux and diarrhoea. It results from the overproduction of gastric acid, due to production of the hormone gastrin by a secretory tumour, or 'gastrinoma'. These rare neuroendocrine tumours are...
- Changing Treatment Strategy for Gastrinoma in Patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Imamura, Masayuki; Komoto, Izumi; Ota, Shuichi // World Journal of Surgery;Jan2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
We overviewed the recent development of curative surgery for gastrinoma that has been rapidly improved since the development of new localization techniques, especially the selective arterial secretagogue injection test (SASI test) and somatostatin receptor scintigraphy (SRS). A number of new...