NACo offers green government tips
- NACo adds volunteerism affiliate. // American City & County;Sep97, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p85
States that a professional affiliate to support volunteerism to meet the rising demand for local government-sponsored volunteers programs across the United States has been added by the National Association of Counties. Number of affiliates the latest addition will be; Comments from Marilyn...
- Sustainable communities focus of County Government Week. // American City & County;Apr98, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on National County Government Week which is scheduled for April 19-25, 1998 and sponsored by the National Association of Counties. Details on National County Government Week; Suggestions from the National Association of Counties; Contact information.
- Center formed to aid counties. // Pensions & Investments;2/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the National Association of Counties' establishment of a financial services center to help counties with employee benefits and pool investments following the bankruptcy filing by Orange County, California. Task force to analyze investments by counties.
- National Association of Counties Adds DEM Equity Option. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;06/04/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p3
Announces that the National Association of Counties has decided to add the DEM Equity Fund to its investment options.
- Alliance gives counties new options. Swendiman, Steve // American City & County;Mar1997, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p6
Talks about the alliance between the Financial Services Center of the National Association of Counties and Sedgwick University to provide insurance-related services for counties, county employees and retirees. Management of the alliance by an oversight committee; Research and training to be...
- Counties prepare for a larger role. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;7/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 169, p4
Focuses on the role assumed by county governments in the US, in the wake of slashing down of domestic expenses by Congress and transferring responsibility of different domestic welfare programs to states and counties. Cooperation sought by National Association of Counties from federal...
- Franke takes a full plate to Congress. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Jan1995, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p64
Profiles Randy Franke and his role as the president of the National Association of Counties (NACo). Expert on solid waste; Comments on the impact of change in the US Congress; Speculations on the implementation of a Children's Initiatives program.
- Avoiding investment pool disasters. Powell, Max // American City & County;May95, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p10
Discusses how to stay away from county finance investment losses similar to what happened to the financial policies of Orange County, California according to guidelines by the National Association of Counties (NACo). Suggestion of appointing county department heads; Establishment of a structure...
- Caucus prioritizes county needs at first meeting. // Bond Buyer;11/24/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30527, p4
Highlights the inaugural meeting of the National Association of Counties' Rural Action Caucus.