- KEEP TRYING. // Commonweal;2/26/2010, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the results of a long-term research which raised doubts about the theorized parity between induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) and human embryonic stem cells (hES).
- Italy's stem-cell challenge gaining momentum. Cattaneo, Elena; Cerbai, Elisabetta; Garagna, Silvia // Nature;2/11/2010, Vol. 463 Issue 7282, p729
In this article the author offers insight over the case concerning the decision of Italy to exclude the human embryonic stem cells from a ministerial research funding.
- Panel OKs Money for Stem Cell Clinical Trials. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that the governing board for the state's three billion dollars stem cell institute approved the funding for the development of new stem cell therapies in San Diego, California.
- Scientists react to government indecision. Brown, Phyllida // Nature Medicine;Aug99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p855
Discusses the government's delay in deciding whether to permit research into the therapeutic use of human embryonic stem cells in Great Britain. Creation of anti-science climate; Reaction of the researchers towards the delay.
- The future for stem cell research. Lovell-Badge, Robin // Nature;11/1/2001, Vol. 414 Issue 6859, p88
Evaluates the future of stem cell research. Political and ethical issue hindering the progress of stem cell research; Therapeutic potential of stem cells; Pressure on medical researchers and scientists to develop novel therapies using stem cells.
- Japan okays stem cells. Saegusa, Asako // Nature Biotechnology;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p246
Reports on the approval given by the bioethics committee of Japan's Science and Technology Council for research involving the use of embryonic stem cells. Reason cited by the committee for granting approval to the research; Plans of the committee to draw up guidelines for embryonic stem cell...
- Editorial. Atala, Anthony // Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy;Mar2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the journal "Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy."
- Canada, California join hands in stem cell research. Singh, Gurmukh // Asian Pacific Post;6/26/2008, p16
This article reports that Canada and California have teamed up in research to understand the role of stem cells in the development of cancer.
- Japanese team makes stem cells. Cyranoski, David // Nature;6/5/2003, Vol. 423 Issue 6940, p577
Reports on the production of stem cells by Japanese team of researchers. Plan of the team to sell stem cell lines to academic and commercial researchers; Interest shown by various laboratories in the cell lines.