Business Mostly Steady but `Non-Books' in Focus
- Online threat to the future of HMW. Bennett, David // PRWeek (London);6/17/2011, p22
The article examines prospects for the future of HMV, Great Britain's last nationwide music chain, after securing financial backing from banks. According to a survey by "PRWeek" and OnePoll, the world of online compact disc, digital video disc and game sales pose a threat to HMV's survival. It...
- King Kong vs. Godzilla. Pohlmann, Ken C. // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p38
Compares the performance of the compact disc (CD) and DVD storage format. Sophistication of the engineering of DVD; Innovation of CD; Consumer acceptance of CD.
- TAKE THE SHOW ON THE ROAD. Trucco, Terry; Herman, James Patrick; Dutt, Sonal; Cawley, Shannon; Elrich, David // InStyle;Aug2004, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p240
Presents information on potable music and movie players.
- Music box. Herman, James Patrick // InStyle;Dec2003, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p428
Presents information about various compact discs and digital video discs on music available in the market as of December1, 2003.
- Release release! // Record Collector (0261250X);Dec2013, Issue 421, p17
The article offers a preview of the CD and DVD releases of the Human Rights Concert 1986-1998.
- How do CDs differ from DVDs? Benedek, Andy // Printing World;10/27/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 4, p16
Presents a question and answer advisory on CDs and DVDs in Great Britain. Range of CD formats that can be applied to write-once and to re-writable; Incompatibility of DVD formats with each other; Ways to avoid writing defective discs.
- SURVEY: DOWNLOADERS BELIEVE THEY'RE GOING GREEN. Widder, Carrie // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p20
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by CinemaNow which show that 94% of respondents said they believe they have made a contribution to the environment by downloading films and television (TV) shows. The survey participants said they felt they saved money by cutting the drive...
- CONDRE LAUNCHES PIRANHA AUTOMATED CD/DVD DESTRUCTION DEVICE. // CD Computing News;Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
This article reports that Condre Technology Inc. has launched Piranha, an automated Compact Disc (CD)/DVD media disc destruction device, in Minnesota. Featuring a unique media handling system designed by Condre Technology's experienced engineering team, the Piranha offers a 100 disc capacity and...
- State bar offers 'People's Law School' on tape, DVD. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/3/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the availability of the People's Law School lecture series on audiotape, compact disc and DVD in the U.S. Topics covered by the tapes; Information on the book "Understanding Law: A Practical Guide for New York Residents"; Cost; Contact information.