S&S Credits The Secret, Lower Royalty Write-Offs for Q1
- Publisher's hot revenue story. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of publishing company Simon & Schuster Inc. in New York City as of the first quarter of the fiscal year 2007. The publisher has reported an increase in revenue of 27 percent in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2006. Its sales have...
- Simon & Schuster Q1 Sales Up 6% To Reach $159.7 Million; Fiction Leads. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the increase in the revenue of publisher Simon & Schuster Inc. for the first quarter of 2005, in the U.S. Financial performance of Simon and its parent company Viacom; Lead titles during the quarter that contributed to the strong performance; Speculation that Viacom will sell Simon.
- S&S Has Strong Period, Expects More. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the increase in sales and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of Simon & Schuster Inc. for the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Contribution of operating divisions to the company's profit; Sales forecast for Christmas.
- Sales, Earnings Fall at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the decline in the 2000 second-quarter earnings of publisher Simon & Schuster. Amount of decline in sales; Factors that affected the financial performance of the company.
- Sales, Earnings Up at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the sales and earnings at publisher Simon & Schuster for the second quarter that ended June 30, 2001. Books that contributed to the gains; Update on the educational and professional publishing infrastructure; Sales for the first half of the year.
- Records for S&S. // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of publisher Simon & Schuster in 2007. Increase in sales are attributed to solid gains in its adult group and double-digit increases in the smaller audio and international divisions. New chief executive officer (CEO) Carolyn Reidy said that while...
- Patterson Falls to No. 2 as 148 New Titles Hit Lists. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p1
The article presents the top 148 new book titles called the Simba Composite Ranking (SCR) taken from "The New York Times," "Publishers Weekly," and "USA Today" in the U.S. The top categories include biography and autobiography, romance and religion. Meanwhile, mystery and detective moved up five...
- Industry Coping, Hoping As Economy Slows. Zeitchik, Steven; Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p153
Focuses on the economic condition of the United States book industry in 2001. Force driving the industry's economic performance; Economic concerns of publishers; Financial performance of Simon & Schuster for the first half of 2001; Sales growth on the retail side. INSET: Studies See...
- Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information about the business activities of several publishers in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 32 percent decline in its operating profit for the first quarter of 2008 and a 12 percent drop in the first quarter of 2007. HarperCollins...