BPR Exclusive: Pub Track Consumer Test Drive
- A Case of Improving Content Flow--From Storage to Access. McClure, Marji // EContent;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p45
The article provides information on R. R. Bowker, an international standard book number (ISBN) agency for the U.S. The company receives data feeds from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors. Bowker handles a lot of information, from data being entered into its systems to data being requested...
- R.R. BOWKER UNVEILS SEARCHABLE SPANISH BOOK WEB DATABASE. // Worldwide Databases;Jun2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the release of a Web-based database for Spanish language books, audiobooks and video from New Providence, New Jersey-based R.R. Bowker. Address of the Web site; Features of the Spanish book Web database; Background of R.R. Bowker.
- 4.7% Output Cut in 2005 a Growth Move. // Book Publishing Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the business performance of R.R. Bowker LLC, a company engaged in the publication of trade books in the U.S. The company indicated a decline in title output and an increase in graphic novels and mystery books in 2005. Other products such as cooking titles, business books,...
- Bowker: Titles Up 19% in 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p7
Reports on an increase in total book output in the U.S. in 2003 according to statistics from R.R. Bowker. Number of new publishers that registered for International Standard Book Numbers; Reason for a decline in general fiction titles; Factors which contributed to an overall increase in book...
- Book Title Output on the Decline, While Prices Remain Stable. Selsky, Deborah // Library Journal;4/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p30
Reports that, according to R.R. Bowker, the publisher of "Books in Print," the number of book titles published in 1990 declined while prices remained stable. Observation that several of the Dewey Decimal classified categories increased in title output; Categories which increased the most,...
- In The Bulletin Since Last Issue. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/29/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p24
Reports on various developments related to publishing technologies as of June 26, 2002. Announcement of scientific publishers of a project to create a comprehensive set of Unicode-compatible fonts for technical publishing; Catalog-management system introduced by Indian company Comdus Solutions;...
- Poker Books A Sure Bet As Popularity of Game Surges. // Book Publishing Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on the publication of poker books by publishers. Number of books on poker published in 2003 according to R.R. Bowker LLC; Popularity of poker games broadcast on television networks; Title of popular poker books.
- Title Output In Key Subject Categories Up 6.3% In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the output of key subject book categories from R.R. Bowker LLC in 2004 in the U.S. Percentage on the increase in overall output; Categories with reduced output; Growth rate of mystery books.
- Bowker, Micromedia Offer Books In Print with Book Reviews--Canadian Edition. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p22
Announces the launch of Books in Print with Book Reviews--Canadian Edition by R.R. Bowker and Micromedia, Ltd. Features of the software, including descriptive annotations and full-text reviews; Number of titles and publishers listed, including those titles distributed in Canada.