- Ripplewood's Reader's Digest Acquisition Brings Changes to WRC. // Electronic Education Report;4/6/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the changes brought by the acquisition of Reader's Digest Association Inc. by the parent company of WRC Media Inc., Ripplewood Holdings LLC, in New York. One of the changes was the formation of a consumer business services unit that brought together Reader's Digest's book...
- ChildU To Be Acquired By WRC Media. // Electronic Education Report;04/25/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p5
Reports that the WRC Media has agreed to acquire online resource provider, ChildU. Educational-related products and services of the ChildU.
- Revenue Down at WRC Media, Operating Performance Improves. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher WRC Media Inc. in the year 2002.
- WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Exec. Suite. // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the reorganization move of New York-based supplemental curriculum and assessment publisher, WRC Media Inc. Reason behind the firm's move; Businesses operated by WRC in the K-12 area; Executives added to the company's management line-up.
- With Revenue Shrinking, WRC Media Faces Default on Credit Agreements and Cash Shortfall in 2004. // Educational Marketer;12/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher WRC Media Inc. in New York. Decline of revenue; Evaluation of business options; Shortage of funds.
- Reader's Digest acquires Reiman publications. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications L.L.C. by the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, New York. Purchase price; Expansion of the marketing channels.
- Reader's Digest signs $760m deal. // Precision Marketing;3/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p9
Reports on a merger agreement between The Reader's Digest Association with publishing company Reiman Publications. Value of the deal; Expectations from the transaction; Benefits of Reiman from the deal.
- Last of Good Catalog Co. Founders Exits. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Reports the consolidation of Good Catalog Co. to the Reader's Digest in 1998 in Portland, Oregon. Attempt of the company in putting private placement offering; Platform of Reader's Digest to build catalog business; Emphasis of the brand name on the catalog covers.
- Reader's Digest Acquires Leading Display Marketer. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 36, p12
Reports that Reader's Digest has reached an agreement to acquire Books Are Fun Ltd. in 1999. Cost of the acquisition; Information on Books Are Fun; Remarks from Thomas O. Ryder, chairman of Reader's Digest, regarding the acquisition of Books Are Fun.