College Publishers Take Hit in March, Still Ahead for the Year
- College Net Sales Decrease 11% In Nov.; YTD Sales Track 5% Growth. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that net sales for college textbooks in the U.S. decreased by 11 percent to $183.5 million in November 2005, compared to November 2004. Gross sales in November 2005 decreased by 4.9 percent to $279.7 million. These data were gleaned from the monthly sales report from the...
- College Textbook Net Sales Rise 5.5% in July. // Educational Marketer;10/1/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the growth in net sales of college textbooks in the U.S. The Association of American Publishers states that in the textbook market, tighter inventory control should be conducted as the growth of net sales of textbooks increased at a higher rate of 7.2% than gross sales....
- K-12, College Sales Represented 39.9% of Industry Book Sales in 2006. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the sales of kindergarten through twelfth grade (K-12) and college textbooks in the U.S. for 2006. The net sales for K-12 textbooks totaled $9.64 billion, a 2% decrease from the $9.93 billion from the previous year. According to the Association of American Publishers, the...
- Virgin Atlantic Returns To Profit. Flottau, Jens // Aviation Daily;3/12/2015, Vol. 400 Issue 46, p4
The article offers information regarding the expectation from Virgin Atlantic Airways for improvements in the airline's earnings in 2015 following a return of profit in 2014.
- It's December. Stay ruthless. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/1/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 48, p3
The article offers tips for business enterprises on how to maintain its financial and market performance in considerations of year-end returns, taxable gains and market trends.
- Scholastic Q3 Revenue Up, So Is Outlook for Future of Fair Business. // Educational Marketer;4/16/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of New York-based-Scholastic for fiscal 2007. As reported, the management of Scholastic expects increased sales in core clubs and improved efficiencies for strong business. It is noted that the sales of the company increased by 1.5 percent to...
- Oil Price Impact Mixed for Energy HY. G. F. // Leveraged Finance News;12/8/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the implication of the crude oil prices for bond returns of high yield energy industry. Topics discussed include the status of petroleum exploration and prospecting, financial performance for energy sector, and the views of Sean Sexton, managing director of ratings agency...
- Akzo Nobel Reports a 5% Growth in Coatings Sales. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2005, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the financial performance of Akzo Nobel in 2004. Autonomous sales growth in coatings posted by the company for the year; Return on sales during the period; Percentage of an improvement in its returns on investment.
- Cognis half-year results: increased sales, reduced financing costs. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p89
The article looks at the financial performance of global specialty chemicals firm Cognis in the first six months of 2007. The company posted a 6.2% increase in its net external sales while its return on sales remained at 12%. The continuing rise in sales of innovative specialties is one of the...