PreK-12 Textbook, Supplemental Net Sales Slide 9.8% to $301.5M in Q1
- K-12, College Sales Represented 39.9% of Industry Book Sales in 2006. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the sales of kindergarten through twelfth grade (K-12) and college textbooks in the U.S. for 2006. The net sales for K-12 textbooks totaled $9.64 billion, a 2% decrease from the $9.93 billion from the previous year. According to the Association of American Publishers, the...
- PreK-12 Industry Faces Challenge, Jan. Sales Drop. // Educational Marketer;3/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the challenging conditions facing the educational publishers in the U.S. preK-12 education as the first quarter of 2011 comes to a close. It states a report from the Association of American Publishers School Division revealing a 2.2% decline in the sales of educational...
- After Strong First Half, K-12 Textbook Sales Slow Down in July. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p3
Provides information on the decline of K-12 textbooks sales in July 2003 after a strong first half in the U.S. Belief of Harold McGraw III, chairman, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Cos., that K-12 textbook and supplemental materials sales to adoption states in 2003 will...
- The Education Digest Ratings of Instructional Materials. // Education Digest;Dec1937, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p32
The article presents the "Educational Digest" periodical's rating of instructional materials as of December 1937. Items rated include textbooks and materials for elementary and secondary schools. Among these are: "Children Come and Sing," by Clara Lyden, "Solid Geometry and Related Subjects" by...
- The Decade Ahead in Textbook Publishing. Burke, Jr., Alexander J. // Education Digest;Oct1978, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p45
This article makes projections for elementary through secondary textbook publishing of the 1980s. The first concern of textbook publishers and educators has been declining enrolments and zero-growth birth rates. It is predicted that the middle and late 1980s will see strong increases in primary...
- ORIGINAL INVESTIGATION IN NORMAL SCHOOLS. Bolton, Frederick R. // Education;Jun1900, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p603
This article presents an opinion about the necessity for teachers' college master teachers to publish textbooks for teachers' colleges, elementary, secondary, and higher education. Master teachers should also have an influential say in the selection and arrangement of materials for teaching....
- College Sales Flatten in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the 63.5 million dollars net sales loss of textbooks and course materials in the U.S. college market in March 2012, according to the monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers.
- Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/18/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the expectation that K-12 math textbook adoption will be one of the largest sales in 2010 for publishers in Florida.
- Sales Spurt For K-12 Publishers In November: AAP. // Educational Marketer;1/24/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the increased sales of educational textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. Rate of increase; Total amount of the posted sale; Impetus to the heightened sale.